Capital Fringe Issues Website RFP
The goal of this RFP is to find a partner to redesign our website capitalfringe.org in order to better organize and illustrate our mission, work and many events.
Capital Fringe is an arts non-profit founded in Washington, DC in 2005. Capital Fringe has presented the yearly Fringe Festival for the past 14 years. In 2020 the Logan Fringe Arts Space will re-open, which houses three theaters, gallery and bar/café. Our current website was launched in 2013. The interface is not set up to support two large programs running at the same time. The newly remodeled Logan Art Space will run independently from the annual Fringe Festival. The Logan will offer year-round programming in four performance spaces inside our Florida Avenue building. The Fringe Festival is an annual performance arts series featuring over 100 productions that rotates through different DC neighborhoods. (We are exploring rebranding the Fringe Festival to better differentiate these programs.)
Scope of Work:
This new website should support the following goals:
• Enable patrons to discover and attend events at the Logan Arts Space and the Fringe Festival while clearly differentiating those two programs.
• Support the hundreds of artists in the production of that programming through the information (e.g. how-to guides, deadlines), documentation (e.g. contracts), and transactions (e.g. submission of show information and marketing assets).
• Enable the Capital Fringe staff to keep all information up to date and flexible controls for event presentation (e.g. turn on/off Fringe Festival calendar presentation during relevant periods).
Functional Requirements and Services:
Our new website will require:
• Supporting patrons
o Responsive layout
o Events calendar showing all programming and ability to filter by program
o Event pages supporting one or more showtimes
o Ticket purchase/fulfillment (for 2019 through OvationTix)
o Interactive map of Fringe Festival venue locations (changes yearly)
o Online store (selling independent art and Fringe merchandise)
o Newsletter registration
o Contact form
• Supporting artists
o Login area for Artists
o Archive view of past Fringe Festivals
• Supporting Fringe staff
o Google Tag Manager integration
Ability to create and edit pages and update sitemap through a new content management system (preferably open-source)
o Manage redirects
o Ongoing technical support
The new site will need to integrate with the following existing systems:
• MailChimp (newsletter signups)
• Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
• OvationTix for ticket fulfillment
• Integration with Artifax (event management software) feed for Logan Art Space events
The new site will need to migrate from existing systems including:
• CMS: custom Ruby-on-Rails implementation
• Server/Database: Heroku
• Storage: Amazon S3
MWWPR and Makovsky PR have relevant experience.