South Piedmont Community College (SPCC) is seeking qualified vendors to provide proposals for Marketing and Public Relations Services for the College. The awarded team will be expected to work cooperatively with the President’s Office and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan and to assist as needed with public relation issues.
South Piedmont Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training, and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education.
SPCC is the newest of the 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, created in 1999 by the North Carolina General Assembly. South Piedmont Community College services both Union and Anson Counties. A recent Bond Referendum has paved the way for new classroom buildings in Union County.
SPCC has seen stagnant growth over the past several years; therefore, SPCC wishes to create a comprehensive marketing plan to reach potential students.
Scope of Work:
South Piedmont Community College (SPCC) is soliciting proposals for selection of a vendor to provide marketing, advertising, and public relations services for the College. The Office of the President will be the awarded vendor’s point of contact throughout the contract unless changed at the President’s request. Her Office will also have to approve all expenditures related to the aforementioned services prior to placement or purchase. The college also reserves the right to use in-house services and resources for all or part of any project.
- Help increase enrollment within credit and non-credit courses and programs by increasing the number of applications from prospective students
- Position South Piedmont Community College as the premier community college of choice in Union and Anson Counties.
- Drive brand awareness and education through consistent messaging across multiple platforms.
- Assist in the retention of current students through targeted outreach and communications.
- Continue to develop and project the image of the College as a community partner, including raising the profile of the college via local news media and other resources.
- Increase awareness of specific programs and services as those programs and services are announced. Drive student acquisition through campus visits and enrollments.
- Provide creative services consistent with established brand and assist the college with continued brand development, positioning South Piedmont Community College as the premier community college of choice in Union and Anson Counties.
- Provide measurable traditional and new media planning, negotiation, sponsorship, placement, and monitoring to meet goals.
- Develop and recommend deliverables for marketing campaigns. Working collaboratively to develop and/or carry out all elements of the marketing mix with the guidance of the Office of the President and Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Professional creative planning and execution of appropriate elements of a marketing campaign, including but not limited to, the creation of templates for client use, creation of print and digital ads, development and distribution of press releases, development of marketing collateral such as flyers and brochures, media planning and buying, as well as other college communications.
- Impact evaluation of selected elements of a marketing and communication campaign including but not limited to the tracking and monitoring of strategy implementation, assessment of media strategies and creative executions, and cost-benefit analysis when possible and appropriate.
- Vendors will be required to provide creative and media-related evaluation data in a timely manner and in a fashion that is usable and understandable by the Office of the President and SLT.
- Potential Vendors must demonstrate the highest level of professional standards and ethics when carrying out activities.
- Management, planning, and coordination of media and communications services. For programs that require a variety of technical services (e.g. media placement, video production, social media, etc.), SPCC may contract specifically for the management, planning, and coordination of the technical work required. In such cases, Vendor must demonstrate organizational willingness and capacity to work cooperatively within a collaborative management structure.
South Piedmont Community College
Attention: Anthony Barbour
PO Box 126
Polkton, NC 28135
Top Public Relations News:
Equifax Breach Puts 143 Million Credit
Measuring PR: It’s Not That Easy
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Seeks Marketing Firm
Media Campaign Issued By the Mississippi Department of Mental Health Bureau of Alcohol
Digital Marketing RFP Issued By Youngstown State University in Ohio
Starbucks is everywhere. Why not on a commuter flight?
Facebook censorship could open the China door
Women’s World Banking Issues Event Management RFP
Miley Cyrus Publicist and Public Relations Lessons
Fairfax County, Virginia Issues RFP For A PR Firm