City of Campbell River Seeks Event Planning & Management
The City of Campbell River is looking to provide a high level of comprehensive event planning, programming and management for Spirit Square. The Contractor will keep residents up to date on upcoming events, and promote the availability of the facility to all groups, by engaging in proactive communication with a broad range of community groups, stakeholders, and the general public.
Named one of the top five quality of life destinations in North America by Foreign Direct Investment Magazine, Campbell River offers a balanced lifestyle surrounded by nature. With the waters of Discovery Passage at our shoreline and majestic mountains as a backdrop, Campbell River is located at the 50th parallel on the east coast of northern Vancouver Island. We are the third largest city on the island, with a population of more than 37,500, and the urban service centre and hub community for approximately 60,000 people living and working in our region.
Campbell River is located midway along Vancouver Island’s eastern shore. Natural beauty and community amenities here offer an unparalleled lifestyle that gives residents, businesses and visitors room to grow and space to breathe. From eco-adventures and internationally renowned salmon fishing to skiing at Mount Washington, safe streets to cultural treasures, fine dining to golfing, boutique shopping to advanced educational opportunities, community festivals to parks and trails for all ages and abilities, Campbell River has it all!
As the thriving central hub of the northern Vancouver Island and central coast region, Campbell River isa city with friendly small-town character. Which makes us a natural home for companies looking for a highly accessible location, abundant natural resources and first-class transportation and communications networks. Add a skilled labour force and a talented pool of experienced managers, and this is one of the most advantageous environments in the Pacific Northwest.
Scope of Work:
The City requires the services of a Contractor who will be responsible for planning, programming and management of the Spirit Square facility events and is able to provide and demonstrate the following skills set:
A) Administration – Management Skills
- Develop business plans and budgets
- Research events
- Develop contingency plans
- Administer reporting and monitoring process
- Establish event policies and procedures
- Establish financial controls and procedures
- Responsible for creating, developing and implementing these events in addition to encouraging and facilitating community associations and groups to use the venue.
- Responsible for managing bookings of the venue
B) Event Planning and Management
- Design event program
- Plan event program
- Manage multiple priorities
- Contract entertainment, activities and attractions
- Develop food and beverage operations plans
C) Marketing Plan & Marketing Strategies
- Develop marketing plan
- Develop public relations and publicity strategies
- Develop advertising strategy
- Issue media releases
- Prepare media packages
- Submit feature articles for publication
D) Risk Management Planning
- Develop event risk management plan
- Comply with legislation, bylaws, etc.
E) Human Resources Management
- Ability and experience in working with volunteers
F) Professionalism & Communications
- Exhibit professionalism
- Demonstrate leadership
- Solve problems
- Communicate effectively and clearly verbally and in writing
- Make effective presentations
City of Campbell River City Hall
301 St. Ann’s Road
1st Floor Reception Desk
Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
ATTN: Daniel Xu
Alison Brod Communications has experience in this arena.