City of Worcester Seeks Marketing Agency
Provide website design and marketing services as per the attached requirements and specifications of the City of Worcester Public Schools.
Scope of Work:
- Create a simple, memorable, timeless logo that is bold and dramatic and tells the Worcester Public School’s story.
- Design letterhead, envelope, business card & mailing labels, digital proofs, art direction,
- Develop brand guide with logo versions (color, grayscale, inverted, etc.) spacing, brand color palate with PMS, CMYK and RGB numbers and typeface name.
- Logo usage guideline on images.
- File format instructions
- Identity system with subsystem
- Social Media icon and usage instructions
- Develop core-messaging drivers that reflect the cohesive representation of the Worcester Public Schools.
- All project deliverables must be provided in electronic format that can be implemented easily into a cloud-hosted service such as WordPress.
- Propose a design for the website in a constituent-centric format, which will successfully reach all audiences including parent, students, staff, community members, potential Worcester residents.
- The design should be welcoming, appealing and created by a member or members of the vendor’s professional design staff. The final version will incorporate elements that effectively represent the brand and image desired by the Worcester Public Schools through a collaborative development process.
- Create a standardized format and enhanced user experience for all pages, thereby establishing a unified theme but allowing some level of individuality and/or functionality between schools and administrative departments.
- Interview administrators, staff, parents, and business to assess individual needs to determine a more efficient design that makes the most common information easily accessible
- Navigation should be consistent and user-friendly with information grouped and presented in a logical manner that is understandable to users on all levels including those with limited computer knowledge, physical, sensory or cognitive impairments and theelderly.
- The design should meet World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) compliance and function consistently across all major browsers including MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
- The successful vendor must be familiar with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0), and should implement these into the design and layout to the highest degree possible.
- The design should include effective translation services to increase accessibility for Worcester’s diverse population, while maintaining the integrity of the site’s content.
- Create a website that is optimized for search engine optimization (SEO) and provide best practices to the district to insure SEO as new pages are added to the website
- Create a design that is responsive, flexible, navigable and accommodates viewers using all major mobile devices, including but not limited to:
- Tablets – iPad, Samsung Tablet, MS Surface
- Smartphones – iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile Phones, Blackberry
- The design should include social media integration for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, preferably in a custom and non-widget manner.
- All imagery must be taken or created by the vendor; no stock imagery.
- Attend multiple review sessions and revision cycles as needed to achieve final design approval.
- All designs, layouts, images, copy, etc. become property of the Worcester Public Schools.
- Vendor must be available for on-site interviews and ongoing status meetings.
Christopher J. Gagliastro,MCPPO
City of Worcester, City Hall
455 Main Street, Room 201
Worcester, MA 01608
Strong experience in digital PR campaigns comes from APCO Worldwide and MWW PR.