DPSCD provides a standard, traditional curriculum to a student body of approximately 50,000 students ranging from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade. DPSCD also provides adult education at a variety of facilities during non-school hours. In addition to the standard curriculum, DPSCD offers a variety of specialized technical training programs for the higher- grade levels. The District encompasses an area of approximately 139 square miles. DPSCD operates 100 schools, including elementary (K-5), combination (K-8), middle schools, high schools and technical center schools.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
Scope of Work:
- Provide nationally adopted and validated survey instruments, which can be customized for district context, to collect stakeholder feedback from the following groups: students, teachers, instructional leaders, district staff, families, and community partners.
- Develop the visual layout of the survey data collection instrument.
- Coordinate, prepare and produce the surveys for distribution.
- Use confidential, non-anonymous survey distribution methods that protect the identities of survey takers while allowing for meaningful analyses of classroom, school, department and district results.
- Ensure smooth deployment of surveys by coordinating with DPSCD staff on timelines, rosters, distribution lists and methods, and technological requirements (e.g., whitelisting emailed survey links).
- Develop a detailed plan for stakeholder engagement to boost participation rates, including messaging, outreach, and social marketing collateral for district use.
- Distribute all survey materials and administer appropriate surveys to all students in grades 3- 12, parents of all DPSCD students, community members, and all DPSCD staff.
- Before and during the survey windows, provide assistance and support to survey takers and school staff via a dedicated email address for questions, concerns and technical troubleshooting.
- During survey windows, provide daily response rate reports to senior district leaders. These reports will include detailed counts for specific subgroups and suggested strategies and tools for increasing response rates.
- Produce a senior leadership report for each administered survey that details aggregate and disaggregate survey outcomes and overall trends, links results to additional data sets and provides correlational and regression analyses as appropriate, and suggests action steps to respond to the data. The navigation/user interface of all reports should be easy-to-understand and use appropriate data visualizations tables, appropriate interpretation/analysis, and how- to-use guidelines.
- Produce individualized teacher and staff reports for school and student surveys that are easy- to-understand and use appropriate data visualizations tables, appropriate interpretation/analysis, and how-to-use guidelines.
- Produce individualized administrator reports for school and student surveys that are easy-to- understand and use appropriate data visualizations tables, appropriate interpretation/analysis, and how-to-use guidelines.
- Produce individualized department reports for central office leaders that are easy-to- understand and use appropriate data visualizations tables, appropriate interpretation/analysis, and how-to-use guidelines.
- Produce family and community-facing reports for school and student surveys that are easy- to-understand and use appropriate data visualizations tables, appropriate interpretation/analysis, and how-to-use guidelines.
- In all reports, include appropriate national comparison data from survey administrations outside of DPSCD. National comparison groups should include districts of a similar size and demographic to DPSCD. In-district year-over-year comparison data, if available.
- Produce SPSS and excel formatted electronic databases of survey responses cleaned and tested for out-of-range values and logical errors, an electronic code book and data dictionary with variable name descriptions and value labels, and a methods summary.
- Provide advice and modeling for internal and external goal setting based on national improvement trends.
- Provide professional development, online tools and resources that assist central office staff, school leaders, and teachers in taking action on survey results.
Detroit Public Schools Community District
3011West Grand Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan 48202