This Request for Proposals (RFP) provides interested Offerors with sufficient information to prepare and submit proposals for consideration by Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (hereinafter University) to satisfy a need for Digital Y Non-Digital Marketing Services.
Edinboro University consists of two Colleges and three Schools: The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; College of Science and Health Professions; School of Business; School of Education and School of Graduate Studies and Research. As of summer 2020, EU total enrollment was 4,646 students, with 3,399 undergraduate and 1,247 graduate students. EU enjoys the reputation of being a high-quality, coeducational, public regional comprehensive university that focuses on studentcentered learning. Today our students are enrolled in more than 100 undergraduate programs, 15 graduate programs, and 1 doctoral program. Students can also pursue a variety of minors, concentrations, and co-curricular experiences. Internships and other experiential learning opportunities are recommended in many academic programs. View Edinboro’s comprehensive list of programs here. EU has many nationally accredited academic offerings, including Counseling, Speech-Language Pathology, Social Work, Education, Business Administration, Nursing, School Psychology, and Computer Science. Our top undergraduate programs by enrollment are, Business Administration, BFA Applied Media Arts, Early Childhood & Special Education, Nursing, Psychology, and Criminal Justice. Our top graduate programs are MSW in Social Work, MA in Counseling/Art Therapy and MEd in Reading.
The institution has been especially focused on placing a strong emphasis on growing programs in the following areas: Arts and Digital Entertainment; Mental, Social and Health Professions; STEM: Education and Business. EU also boasts Institutes for Forensic Science, Bioethics and Leadership. Edinboro’s Honors College provides unique opportunities for students inside and outside the classroom. All students can develop leadership skills through internships/externships, and minors in Leadership Studies or Adaptive Leadership & Military Studies. Co-curricular opportunities such as clubs, organizations, and athletics also help to prepare students to become leaders. The University operates on a two-semester (fall, spring) system. The summer term is divided into a three-week session and two 5-week sessions. EU also offers online winter session courses.
Scope of Work:
General: Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE), is soliciting sealed proposals for their integrated digital and traditional marketing and advertising initiatives. Of our total marketing and advertising budget, currently about 17% is used for digital undergraduate and graduate marketing initiatives.
The proposal should focus on the following distinct marketing and advertising applications:
2. TV and Radio
3. Outdoor / Venue
5. Social Media
6. Other as recommended by vendor
Vendors must submit a proposal for all requested marketing and advertising services. These services should include, but are not limited to, strategic marketing, account management and planning, placement creative services, and media planning, buying, and assessment for both traditional and digital advertising. EU does not intend to award to multiple marketing and advertising agencies. We are looking for one partner with the ability to service all needs of this RFP. We prefer to work with a partner with extensive experience in the higher education space and prefer a partner with knowledge of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and the unique challenges it faces. EU reserves the right to award to one proposer or no award as deemed in its best interest. The selected contractor(s) will work with Edinboro University Marketing and Communications to achieve the University’s goals for brand awareness, growth, quality, and diversity. The contractor must have a successful record of assisting organizations achieve their goals through innovative, leading edge marketing activities. EU is looking for a strategic partner who is sophisticated, responsive, and highly integrated and engaged, with strong subject matter expertise (preferably in higher education), creative and media capabilities in both traditional and digital media, and a proven, results-oriented background. The university already has in place a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) for, letter, e-mail, and text messaging campaigns to send communications to prospective undergraduate students.
The agency will create and manage the University’s annual media marketing plan as outlined in sections III-1 and III-2. The agency must supply detailed, in-depth summary reports to the Edinboro University Marketing Department on a monthly basis, or as requested. The reports will outline campaign performance and ROI based on click through rates, total impressions and other pre-determined metrics. Agency must also deliver proof of ad impressions as requested in the form of screenshots, reports of desktop/mobile channels on which the ads were served, etc.
III.IV Technical Requirements
The Contractor’s proposal should show how they will be part of a team in assisting EU to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. The proposal should support EU’s ongoing institutional strategic planning (which includes the following student recruitment segments: first-year undergraduate, transfers, international, graduate, adult learners, and online students) and ongoing academic program planning. EU and the contractor will ensure the objectives for each project are clear, the desired outcomes are defined, and the projects are set up in a way that is timely and effective to lead to successful outcomes. Online marketing (including, but not limited to):
• Advertising and promotion through digital channels (desktop and mobile) including Google and/or other search engine paid search advertising, retargeting, display advertising, social media, geo-fencing, etc.
• Other digital marketing opportunities and techniques, which may be recommended by the Vendor and approved by EU.
• Enhancement to the institution’s current social media communications with prospective students as applied to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and other social media venues.
• Web site optimization consultation, SEO and related services, which maximize the results of digital marketing activities.
• Measurement, analysis, and optimization of digital advertisement initiatives.
Broadcast marketing (including, but not limited to):
• TV and radio creative development and media buying
• Commercial creative development, media planning and placement, effective media buying, research and measurement.
• Radio creative development, media planning and placement, effective media buying, research and measurement.
Print advertising (including, but not limited to)
• News and magazine educational and schools guides, creative development, and media placement and buying.
• Special interest advertising (including, but not limited to cultural district playbills, diversity venue advertising, and adult learning venue advertising).
• Community college and other university news venues for summer and winter session enrollment options; attracting transfer students; and recruiting graduate students.
• Direct mail opportunities.
• Comprehensive ROI analysis, input, and guidance for all other aspects of offline marketing.
Outdoor advertising (including, but not limited to):
• Billboards, mall sky banners, airport advertising boards, or other venues creative development, placement, and metrics. Streaming media (including, but not limited to):
• Streaming radio and OTT television/video opportunities
The selected vendor will use the institution’s current library of photography or make recommendations for additional types of photos or videos as needed. The selected vendor will use the institution’s current marketing, recruitment, and enrollment research to develop and implement institutional messaging and positioning. The selected contractor(s) will agree to preserve and build upon the established brand messaging and quality while expanding the focus to incorporate current and future goals of the University.
Marketing and recruitment goals are focused specifically on recruiting high-quality students through increasing enrollment in the following student segments:
• traditional on-campus first-year students,
• transfer students,
• increasing adult learners (undergraduate and graduate programs, certificates, online degree completion)
• increasing on-site and online graduate student enrollment,
• increasing online enrollment (undergraduate, graduate programs and winter and summer sessions)
• increasing international student enrollment, and
• expanding our regional recruitment territory The contractor will provide competent and experienced staff for the EU’s account, as needed to develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship and to meet all agreed upon project timelines.
Darla Spaid Director of Purchasing and Contracts Edinboro University 220 McNerney Hall 300 Scotland Road Edinboro PA 16444 V: 814-732-2704 Email: email@example.com
Top Public Relations News:
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Needs Marketing Help
University of East Anglia Issues Marketing RFP
With Junior Done, What’s Next for NASCAR?
Ways Leaders Can Improve Communication Skills
Halifax Regional Municipality Issues Marketing RFP
World Agroforestry Centre Seeks Branding Firm
France Public Relations: Who are the Best French PR Firms?
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College Issues Advertising RFP
San Bernardino County Employees’ Retirement Association Issues Website Redesign RFP
Corona, California Seeking PR Agency