The Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor is seeking a full service PR & marketing firm to assist in the promotion and attendance building of the World Canals Conference (“WCC 2017”) to be held September 24-28, 2017 in Syracuse, NY.
The WCC 2017 represents an opportunity to showcase canals as agents of economic, historical, and cultural transformation, with CNY as a centerpiece. An international audience of attendees will include canal and inland waterway managers and engineers, business operators, advocates, scholars, and the general public. Presentations, tours, and events will address urban and waterfront revitalization, heritage tourism, education, and economic development trends. Extensive pre-/post-conference programs will be offered, along with public events to draw thousands of local residents.
Timing of the 2017 conference coincides with the bicentennial of construction of the New York State Canal System and is a perfect way to draw attention to past and present impacts of canal development. Delegate tours and mobile workshops will include key showcase projects including Syracuse Inner Harbor, Onondaga Lake, Port Bryon Erie Canal Heritage Park, the Oswego Canal and Utica Harbor.
Responsibilities for the chosen firm will include:
- To raise awareness and build attendance by traditional and non-traditional audiences
- Establish primary methods for outreach and promotion of the event and related tours
- Develop outreach tools and collateral for sponsorship opportunities
- Gather and manage email contact lists into a master database for marketing and promotion
- Create, update, and maintain event website
- Establish and maintain social media accounts
- Develop promotional materials for distribution at the WCC 2016 conference and other critical marketing opportunities
Proposals are due by April 22nd to:
Ms. Jean Mackay, Director of Communications
Erie Canalway Heritage Fund, Inc. P.O. Box 219
Waterford, NY 12188
(518) 237-7000 Ext. 220
Top Public Relations News:
Greenville North Carolina Seeking Marketing Partner
California Coastal Cities Demand Big Oil Pay Up
STATE OF MAINE ISSUES TOURISM MARKETING RFP
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Issues Communications RFP
What Makes a good PR Agency?
Kwittken & Company: PR Funny of the Day
Leslie Sloane: Offices In Madison Square Garden For Vision PR
Taxonomy, Economy. Who Cares?
Province of New Brunswick Seeks Digital Agency
The Business of Data Mining: An Innocuous Practice or Cause for Alarm?