Horry County Issues Multi-Media RFP
Horry County is seeking a qualified strategically-oriented, creative and fast-paced full- service creative agency with an emphasis on design and implementation of a Multi-Media Recruitment Campaign for Volunteer Firefighters.
Horry County Fire Rescue (HCFR) is a combination career and volunteer department tasked with all-hazards protection to the unincorporated areas of Horry County and emergency medical care for the entire County. Horry County covers over 1,134 square miles, the largest county east of the Mississippi River. HCFR serves an estimated population of more than 300,000 residents, a population which has increased by more than 19% since 2010, and which can expand to more than one (1) million during the high tourist season of May through September of each year. HCFR requires a robust recruitment program for operational volunteer firefighters to meet the needs of this expanding population and is looking to develop a brand and a multi-media marketing campaign consistent to address its future recruitment needs.
Headquarters for the HCFR department is located within the M.L. Brown Public Safety Complex in Conway, SC, the County’s Seat. Horry County operates a standalone Emergency 911 system located within the City of Conway. E911 staff answers all emergency calls for the entire County. Inclusive of the HCFR Department are the following specialty teams; Haz-Mat Team, Marine Rescue Dive Team, Wildfire Team, Fire Investigations, Honor Guard. HCFR career and volunteer firefighters are tasked with fire suppression and all-hazards responses in the unincorporated areas of Horry County and emergency medical care for the entire County. HCFR provides services from 39 separate Fire/Rescue stations across the County, staffed by a total of 394 career members, and 150 volunteer members.
Fire Rescue “mutual aid” is provided to areas within the municipalities of Horry County by the HCFR Department. These areas include the cities of Myrtle Beach, Conway, Surfside Beach, North Myrtle Beach and Loris. In conjunction, “mutual aid” is provided to adjacent county fire departments located in Fair Bluff, NC, Tabor City, NC, Calabash, NC, Mullins, SC, Murrells Inlet, SC and Nichols, SC. In 2016, HCFR responded to more than 60,000 emergency incidents; an average of 164 incidents each day. This number continues to rise, and is projected to top 62,000 in 2017. The addition of the operational volunteer members through this multi-media marketing recruiting campaign will be instrumental in providing additional first-responders to these emergency incidents, a greater level of protection to the community, and safer operation for the organization.
Scope of Work:
- project a professional and progressive visual message for a forward-thinking Fire and Emergency Medical Services organization
- focus on recruitment of operational volunteer firefighters
- target Horry County, SC residents to be Operational Firefighters, primarily in the 18 to 40-year-old range
- Creative Advertising Design and Implementation
- campaign must highlight the following:
- HCFR Service to the Community
- Life-saving and Customer Service provided by Recruited Members
- HCFR Commitment to Diversity
- video and audio scripts/production suitable for television, radio and social media
- graphics for use in formats such as recruitment posters, banners, print advertisements, billboards, kiosks and vehicle wraps
- additional printed marketing materials
- Provide on-call project-specific services as needed
January 3, 2018
Office of Procurement
3230 Hwy 319 E.
Conway, SC 29526