Marketing RFP Issued By City of Dardenne Prairie, MO
The City of Dardenne Prairie is seeking proposals from professional firms with experience in working with municipalities interested in community branding, marketing, and public relations. This is a request for proposals for such consulting services, that can execute the necessary processes and achieving our goal of creating a successful imaging and marketing/branding campaign. Proposer should be able to develop a comprehensive community branding and marketing campaign, whereas the goal is to define and promote the image of the community as a great destination and community. The brand should represent the varied interests of our community and be used for residential, business, and visitor recruitment. A marketing/branding campaign will help instill a sense of pride for the City of Dardenne Prairie as well as create design standards for future marketing and communication material.
Dardenne Prairie, Missouri is located in St. Charles County in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. The Town of Dardenne Prairie was incorporated on October 20, 1981. Since that time, the area has grown more quickly than originally planned. In April of 2001, the people of the Town of Dardenne Prairie voted to incorporate the Town as a Fourth Class City. This was accomplished on April 19, 2001. At that time, three wards were established, Board of Trustee members were sworn in as Aldermen, and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Marilyn Field, was sworn in as the City’s first Mayor. In November 2002, the City of Dardenne Prairie City Hall was located at 96 Hubble Drive. In April 2004, the City of Dardenne Prairie began using offices and holding meetings at 2032 Hanley Road in a temporary modular building before moving to the new permanent City Hall building in August 2009. The current population of the City of Dardenne Prairie is approximately 14,000 residents and 100 businesses.
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this initiative is to differentiate Dardenne Prairie from other surrounding communities in the metropolitan area by developing a brand which may be used to market the City to prospective businesses, developers, residents and visitors. The chosen firm shall provide the City of Dardenne Prairie with a market research study to determine the view of the City by its residents, business owners and elected officials. The firm must create an image for Dardenne Prairie that can be easily and effectively utilized across multiple graphic identity applications and communicative mediums. It should be noted, the City of Dardenne Prairie recently completed a website redesign. Therefore website recreation or redesign need not be part of the proposal. The City has also recently completed a new Comprehensive Plan. The City of Dardenne Prairie requests proposals from qualified firms to research, create, and develop an implementation plan for a community marketing/branding initiative for the City of Dardenne Prairie. The City of Dardenne Prairie would like a proposal that exemplifies the primary goals and objectives to be achieved by the marketing/branding initiative and process:
• Uniformity – The brand should convey a common message and image to audiences both within and outside of the City of Dardenne Prairie.
• Community Identity/ Pride – Identify and promote what makes the City of Dardenne Prairie distinct and appealing in a regionally competitive environment for investors, businesses, retailers, visitors, and residents.
• Community and Economic Development Promotion – promote a healthy economy, attract private investment, new residents and young professionals, and retain key businesses. A defined message that will market the City of Dardenne Prairie locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally as a great place to live, work, play and do business; the right place for development, redevelopment and investment; the perfect mix for a business-friendly community.
• Flexibility – The brand must be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of a variety of departments and municipal functions within the City of Dardenne Prairie as well as groups and businesses within the overall brand. It must also be flexible enough to grow and evolve along with any changes in the market.
• Endorsement – The brand must be authentic and resonate with citizens, businesses, employees, and community groups within the City of Dardenne Prairie and throughout the region in order to gain the broadest possible support for the initiative.
Project Management – The consultant will lead all aspects of the City of Dardenne Prairie community branding initiative, including the following:
1. Advisory to the City Staff – This team will be composed of representatives from the City of Dardenne Prairie.
2. Facilitator during the research process and/or testing of the new brand -Include descriptions of community engagement efforts that will take place during this process. The consultant will be expected to employ creative means of public engagement to ensure that all segments of the community are aware of the project.
3. Research – Research will be the basis for the development of a brand concept, creative elements and the overall brand initiative. The consultant will review strategies for the brand image and marketing campaign. Inaddition:
a. Identifying the key elements of the City of Dardenne Prairie.
b. Analysis of creative elements such as tag lines, slogans, mottos, and creative designs.
c. Measures that will be used to determine if the branding effort is successful.
4. Strategic Plan – The consultant will develop strategic objectives that will include implementation, management and on-going promotion of a brand to include, but not be limited to thefollowing:
a. Promotion of the use of the brand among many City of Dardenne Prairie promotions and with various groups and businesses while maintaining brand integrity.
b. Maintenance and consistency of brand image and messaging while providing suitable flexibility for target audiences.
c. Recommendation of ways to articulate the brand; define markets and promotional avenues; and advise on strategies to better promote and create brand awareness.
5. Creative/Development of Brand – The consultant will develop creative elements that may include design concepts, messages, taglines, slogans, mottos, and other products to support the overall brand initiative. A minimum of three distinct creative options must be presented, based on the results of the research. The selected design will be delivered with a style manual and guidelines for use and the capability of use in the following:
a. Print and electronic advertising
b. Website design
c. Media placement
d. Public Relations
e. Outdoor signage and brand recognition
6. Implementation Matrix – The consultant will develop an action plan for implementation of the brand in sufficient detail to allow staff to understand the approach and work plan.
An Action Plan should include, but not limited to the following:
a. Estimated costs/budget associated with the implementation process.
b. Proposed timelines for the development of creative elements.
c. Recommended brand guidelines.
d. Implementation plans for brand identity applications and brand identity maintenance plan.
March 26, 2021
Dan. R. Lang, City Administrator City of Dardenne Prairie 2032 Hanley Road Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368
Relevant agencies include Prosek Partners and Alison & Partners.