Marketing RFP Issued By Kalkaska Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
The Kalkaska Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide integrated marketing communications. The DDA with the consent of the contractor shall have the option for an annual one-year extension under the same terms and conditions. The DDA reserves the right to terminate the contract for reasons of violations by the successful proposer of any term or condition of the contract by giving thirty (30) days written notice stating the reasons therefore and giving the party ample time to remedy the deficiencies.
The DDA seeks to engage the services of a professional individual or firm (contractor) to provide integrated marketing communications (IMC) for a variety of channels. This includes but is not limited to the ability to provide branding expertise, creative services; create and implement marketing plans and tactics; produce content, oversee social media marketing, generate inbound and outbound marketing strategies, manage promotional and advertising opportunities, maintain and update the website and other digital platforms, serve as public relations correspondent, and more. The DDAs objective is to establish a vibrant, attractive business district that meets the needs of the community and enhances the quality of life for its residents and all who visit The Village. The DDA historically has relied on its committee members to complete all IMC but seeks to supplement the effort.
The contractor will be required to provide various integrated marketing communication strategies, tactics, deliverables for the DDA; assistance with the Explore Kalkaska website; Explore Kalkaska social media channels; support and deploy marketing for Railroad Square, community events, fundraisers; and more, support business and economic development through various marketing initiatives that will attract and retain business, as well as boost tourism in and around Kalkaska. The selected contractor would need to provide expertise in marketing, advertising, and design backgrounds. Further expanding marketing and communication campaigns and strategies, providing project and vendor management, managing internal and external relationships for DDA projects, providing a proactive approach to deliver content between the DDA and the community, and addressing public relations hurtles in real-time. It is the intent of this RFP to have the successful contractor enter into an Agreement with DDA (hereinafter “Resulting Agreement”), to supply the subject services as outlined herein.
Scope of Work:
The contractor agrees to provide the DDA Integrated Marketing Communication services.
Qualified individuals/organizations are invited to submit a proposal describing their ability to carry
out the services within the above stated scope of work. It is anticipated that successful contractor
will provide the following specific services:
▪ Assist the DDA with branding standards and implementation across various channels and
▪ Maintain and update the Explore Kalkaska website (WordPress experience preferred);
helping businesses maintain/update company information and assist community members
with event calendar;
▪ Manage all communications by distributing, creating, and implementing various practices
that features the work of the DDA;
▪ Create content for social media and website, and manage editorial calendars;
▪ Monitor the success of campaigns, creative, traffic, engagement, etc. – providing updates to
▪ Provide training for digital and IMC practices for local businesses;
▪ Design and implement creative across a range of channels;
▪ Provide strong project management skills that include managing schedules, work on
multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with no supervision, and communicating with
internal and external stakeholders;
▪ Work with out-of-house vendors/agencies;
▪ Assist with planning, marketing, and design execution of DDA events;
▪ Create marketing strategies and tactics for existing projects, new projects, upcoming events,
campaigns, and more;
▪ Report to the DDA Digital Content and Projects and Promotions Committees for discussion
of weekly tasks, as well as, what tasks have been completed or are in process, and
▪ Regularly meet with committees to learn and assist with existing and new projects and
Due Date: Proposals must be submitted prior to August 2, 2 p.m. EST
Kim Johnson, DDA President
200 Hyde Street
Kalkaska, MI 49646
Ruder Finn and Edelman PR are agencies worth considering.