Marketing RFP Issued By Locust Business District
With this Request for Proposal (RFP), the Board of Commissioners of the Locust Central
Business District (“LBD”) are seeking to acquire the services of a qualified marketing firm to
support its marketing initiatives. The LBD invites proposals from interested marketing agencies
with experience in brand development and management; marketing; social media strategy,
implementation, and management; website design and development; and market research.
The LBD is a Special Business District which is a political subdivision of the State of Missouri
created pursuant to Chapter 71 of the Revised Statutes of the State of Missouri and has the
authority to make improvements in and to promote business activity within the District. The
services sought in this RFP will include the entire LBD which is generally bounded by Olive Street
to the south, 18th Street to the east, Delmar Boulevard to the north and Compton Avenue to the
west but as is more specifically shown on the map of the LBD attached hereto. The LBD contains
many businesses of diverse types, and contains residents who own or rent their dwellings in the
LBD Marketing Goals:
Working in collaboration with the Board of Commissioners of the LBD, the marketing contractor
will work towards and measure efforts against the following goals as seen within Exhibit B, Page
• Safety–Work to enable a safe and secure environment for our residents, businesses, and
• Prosperity–Work to encourage the success of our community members.
• Connectivity–Work to foster interactions with surrounding neighbors and neighborhoods.
• It is important to realize that Community Engagement and Transparency are the
foundation blocks that span across all 3 pillars.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work will include the following:
• Serve as the LBD’s expert advisor for the development and implementation of marketing
strategies for its primary marketing goals (Safety, prosperity, connectivity, community
engagement and transparency).
• Develop a marketing plan focused on achieving the LBD’s marketing goals.
• Create quarterly planning objectives and reporting for ensuring tactics and be
accountable to measurement KPIs.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Provide strategic campaign support, including planning, development, and execution;
multi-channel outreach; and branded material development.
• Provide graphic design and content development for digital, print, and collateral material,
• Manage public relations resources to accomplish the objectives as described in the
• Support the LBDs internal marketing needs by providing integrated collateral templates.
• Provide website design, development, and content services, as needed.
• Provide social media strategy development, content, and execution.
• Conduct market research to identify target industry segments, as needed.
• Conduct customer surveys, as needed.
• Advising the LBD on maintaining brand consistency.
• Making recommendations on brand advancement.
Proposal Deadline: 5:00pm CST, March 19, 2022
Protocols for Preparing and Delivering Responses to this RFP
Responses to this RFP must be delivered to the LBD by 5:00 pm CST on March 19, 2022. The
LBD highly prefers that vendors provide (7) printed hard copies of their response. If responding
via hard copies please provide (7) responses to:
Ms. Yulonda Carter
Locust Central Business District
715 N. 21st Street, Suite A
St. Louis, MO 63103