Oregon Based School Issues Public Relations RFP
Oregon based, The Reynolds School District is seeking a PR agency, and has issued an RFP for the 2015 Capital Projects GO Bond that was passed on May 19, 2015 by Reynolds School District constituents.
Reynolds School District serves 11,722 students in 18 schools state-wide. After a two-year facilities study, the facilities master plan was adopted in October 2014. A community task force then prioritized the projects. The bond measure would pay for $125 million of the projects. The tax rate is estimated to be the same as the 2014 tax rate. The District plans to replace three of its oldest schools on their current properties.
Fairview and Troutdale elementary schools are 88 years old and Wilkes is 101 years old. According to the facilities study, the high school is over student Capacity by 750 students. Proceeds from the bond would add classroom space, renovate science labs, and make technology and security improvements at all schools.
Specifically, this bond measure allows the District to pay for capital construction and improvements to schools. Along with this process, the school district is interested in improving the district’s communication and outreach to the community, parents, staff, and other key stakeholders regarding Bond projects.
The chosen PR firm is expected to provide services including assisting the district with training, templates and oversights in executing the following items:
- Community Newsletter monthly.
- Press Releases, regular articles for the local papers and web sites including photographs of school district activities.
- Website development and timely uploading of announcements, articles/photos of District events.
- Training for stakeholder groups in verbal and written communication norms within the organization.
- Assistance with administrative and teacher efforts to communicate with parents
- Board support to enhance communication regarding Bond related topics.
Proposals are due by January 21, 2016 and may be submitted to:
Reynolds School District
RE: RFP – Public Relations/Communications 1204 NE 201st Avenue
Fairview, OR 97024