IDBI Bank, an Indian government-owned bank, which is currently the 10th largest development bank in the world is aggressively seeking a public relations firm and has issued an RFP.
Goals as stated by the RFP:
- To position IDBI Bank as a fast growing Bank offering a wide range of products, backed by professionals with rich domain expertise.
- To increase visibility and enhance top-of-mind recall of IDBI Bank amongst its target audience, leveraging which would help IDBI Bank attract both retail and corporate clientele.
- To nurture & enhance the profile of IDBI Bank, consistent with its size, stature and performance amongst the people in general (that includes the existing and potential customers of IDBI Bank), the financial community (analysts and fund managers), potential investors, shareholders and the media.
- To manage investor perceptions based on IDBI Bank’s achievements, financial performance and strategic initiatives for sustained growth and achieve fair valuation.
Scope of Work:
1. Target Audience:
- National media including financial and general publications, magazines, regional publications, electronic channels
- Financial community
- Shareholders / potential shareholders
- Other stakeholders (employees & customers)
2. Continuous Media activities:
- I d e n t i f y and maintain a national list of media professionals relevant to the company.
- A s s i s t in managing one-on-one relationships of the management with all identified media professionals.
- Continuously monitor the media for placing PR messages in industry stories.
- Interact with company officials from various departments once every quarter to create a communication calendar based on known internal and external communication opportunities.
3. Media activities including information kits, press releases, backgrounders, features, etc:
- Managing all media events like press conferences, product launches, seminars, select briefings and one-on-one meetings.
- Disseminating information on a national basis or locally (as per business requirements) in various conventional media i.e. print, electronic through press releases including emerging modes of communication.
- Development and dissemination of IDBI Bank press communications in digital space.
- Ensure maximum coverage and visibility for all press releases issued by the Bank and all the new product launches and activities of the Bank.
4. Market Intelligence & Management Reporting:
- Present a report on daily basis covering news on IDBI Bank, peer Banks and Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) industry. In case of news on IDBI Bank in Hindi or other regional languages, the same to be translated in English and submitted along with the main news clippings.
- Produce a comprehensive report at the end of every month giving detailed coverage analysis for IDBI Bank and analysis of the same. This should include but not limited to detailed monitoring of the print, electronic etc for positive/negative and neutral stories as also vis-à-vis competition.
- No separate charge will be payable for the above which should form part of overall quote.
5. Crisis Communication:
- Prepare a proactive strategy
- Identify the target audience for communication
- Chalk out the key messages
- Design the communication plan
- Ensure effective implementation of the plan for desired results
6. Internal Communication activities:
- Assist IDBI Bank in identifying internal communication opportunities
- Assist IDBI Bank in designing a communication policy and quarterly plan based on long-term and short-term objectives of IDBI Bank in consultation with other relevant departments
- Assist IDBI Bank in designing internal communication literature at regular intervals.
7. Number of centres for regular public relations activities – 24 cities viz Mumbai, Delhi and NCR, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Patna, Guwahati, Lucknow, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Indore, Goa, Raipur, Bhopal, Nagpur, Amaravati (A.P) and Kolhapur. Within the overall limit of 24 cities, the Bank can at its sole discretion modify the list of cities.
8. Investor Relations:
- Prepare and execute a communication strategy for Analysts and investors.
- Arranging investor meets, analyst meets and conference calls
9. Specialized communication for key stakeholders.
10. Customer Communication.
11. The scope of work of selected PR agency may also be extended to all our foreign branches situated in different parts of the world. However, the PR for the foreign activities will be assigned on project basis and cost for the same will be reimbursed as per mutually agreed project cost.
12. Other Deliverables:
- Drafting all external communication matters including articles/speeches / Press Release
- Media training for spokespersons and suitable training programs for PR officials and identified officials of the Bank.
- Media audit / perception study once in a year
Proposals are due by March 21, 2016 and should be submitted to:
The General Manager
Corporate Communications Division
Corporate Strategy and Communications Department
IDBI Bank Ltd.
19th Floor, IDBI Tower, WTC Complex
Mumbai – 400 005
Top Public Relations News:
Fight Fire with Kindness: How to Respond to Mean Customers Online
Government of India Issues Tourism Marketing RFP
Motivating Employees Is Simple
Your PlayStation Network Info May Have Been Stolen
University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder) Issues RFP For Full Service Advertising and Marketing Agency
comScore Mobile Metrix 2.0 Measures Social Media Mobile Usage
Times Square Ball Engages Social
Manage Your Budget So It Won’t Manage You
Cesar Canine Launches Campaign to Promote Therapy Dogs
Can’t Miss Tips for Powerful Earned Media