PR RFP Issued For Juab County Tourism Office
Juab County Stretches from central Utah west to the Nevada border, boasting a rich history and diverse recreation opportunities. Whether you are interested in rockhounding, mountain biking, horseback riding, ATV riding, exploring old mining districts, camping or wildlife watching, it can all be found in Juab County. Topography ranges from high forested mountains to salt flats, and free-flowing sand dunes to desert flatlands. We have mile after mile of wide-open space, with room to play and explore.
• Nebo Loop Scenic By-way
• Little Sahara Recreation Area
• Yuba State Park
• Burraston Ponds
• Fish Springs Wildlife Refuge
• Pony Express Trail
• Topaz Mountain and The Topaz Mining Adventure
• Deep Creek Mountains
• Juab County Demolition Derby and County Fair Concert
• Mt Nebo
• Young Living Farm events: Lavender Days, Fall Festival, Easter Extravaganza, and Christmas in the Country
• Ute Stampede Rodeo and Xtreme Bulls
• Juab Extreme Racing
• Nationally sanctioned desert motorcycle races
• Mountain West Motocross Park
• Mona Reservoir
• High Desert and Prospector OHV trail systems
• Eureka historical mining town
• Levan Canyon
• Baker Hot Springs
• The Hive activity center
• Canyon Hills Golf course
• Nephi City Municipal Airport featuring skydiving and gliding services.
More about Juab County:
Juab County is centrally located, along the I-15 corridor, and an hour away from downtown Salt Lake City. Our County is a perfect fit for those who want to live in a small town and work in the city. The convenient location makes it difficult to generate TRT dollars. Visitors come here to enjoy our outdoor activities, use our resources, attend our events, and go home. Juab County has become everyone’s backyard playground and we have recreationalists rather than tourists. They visit our public lands and parks in self-contained trailers, and purchase food, gas, and supplies before they leave home. Juab County sees little to no economic benefit.
With the onset of covid Juab County saw an increase in visitations to our public lands which caused a huge strain on our EMS, Law Enforcement and Search and Rescue efforts. Visitors discovered the beauty of Juab County, its diverse outdoor activities, and premiere events. On holiday and event weekends our county can have an influx of 30,000 people. This is a big problem for a county that normally has a population of 13,000 people. We realize we are at a turning point and need to be prepared for what is to come. We need to entice people to stay in our area and spend money here.
Since 1988 the Juab County marketing dollars and promotions have been under the direction of the Juab Travel Council, a private LLC. On January 1st, 2022, Juab County hired a Tourism Director and established a new TAB. Juab County is extremely excited for this fresh start. We are eager to dive into the Tourism market and reap all the benefits it has to offer.
With the fresh start we are looking to make responsible decisions that will benefit our economy and improve our resident’s quality of life. It is important to Juab County to attract visitors that appreciate our culture, heritage, and values. We believe making our locals happy should be a top priority and we want to take into consideration the impact our efforts will have on them.
Our Destination goals are to:
• Provide a better visitor experience and improve the quality of life for Juab County residents.
• Improve the quality of visitors
• Extend average length of stay
• Disburse visitation throughout the county
• Disburse visitation throughout the calendar year.
Scope of work
Rebranding, a new website, ongoing marketing, and creative services, as well as media planning and buying. The agency selected will work closely with JCTB’s team on all aspects of marketing service needs and requests. The agency’s responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Branding with style guide
• New Logo with tag lines
• Website creation and design based off new brand
• New visitor guide/print Visitor guide highlighting attractions, events, activities, map of area and list of tourism related businesses. Visitor guide would have approximately 30 pages. Print approximately 10,00 guides.
• Assist in writing funding proposals & reports (e.g., grant narratives, written and visual)
• Developing individual campaigns
• Copy for print and video script
• Billboard Design
• Set and measure success metrics related to branding, advertising, and marketing
• Manage social media including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
• Photo & Video
• Display ads
• Google and Facebook Ads – please provide agency cost for ad buys
• Marketing Automation
• Anything we did not mention
The estimated budget in the scope of work for the selected agency is anticipated to be between $100,000 to $200,000 for the yearly budget. This amount may vary from year to year based on grants received and, on the budget, recommended by the JCTB, contingent on approval by the Juab County Commissioners. It will also increase based on the marketing efforts’ success in an increase in Transient Room Tax. We recognize this will be a challenging budget initially but are looking for the companies that are interested in not only the contract but the challenge and opportunity to be in the grassroots effort of a newly expanding area.
QUALIFICATION OF BIDDERS:
• To be considered for award of this contract, the applicant must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• The applicant must have five (5) years of experience in strategic marketing, media buying and branding, specifically related to the hospitality, tourism, or the outdoor industry.
• Evidence of substantial knowledge and experience in developing plans, brands, and identities with local government organizations.
• Proposal meets the needs of the client.
• Cost of Agency’s Proposal
Requirements with Submittal:
• Bio on Agency with a list of key personnel and point of contact
• List of destination clients currently representing as well as other clients
• Written Proposal for Juab County
• Cost breakdown (please include)
1. One time cost on branding/style guide, logo, website creation and design, and new visitor guide.
2. Cost breakdown on other items: stand alone price vs. monthly retainer.
Closing date and time:
The Closing date and time for this sourcing event is June 29, 2022, 5 p.m. MST.