The Washington State Wine Commission is soliciting proposals from public relations agencies interested in carrying out media and trade relations activities in the San Francisco Bay Area on behalf of the Washington State wine industry.
Such activities include:
- Identification and targeting of key influencers
- Targeted outreach to wine, food, travel and lifestyle media
- Story development, pitching and placement support
- Targeted outreach to wine and restaurant trade
- Retail and restaurant promotion support
- Event planning and production support
On behalf of the State of Washington, the Washington State Wine Commission serves to foster the growth and prosperity of our entire wine industry. Established by the legislature in 1987, the Commission is a state government agency, guided by an appointed board. Funded almost entirely by the industry – through assessments based on grape and wine sales – the Commission represents every licensed winery and every wine grape grower in Washington State.
Once relatively unknown, Washington State’s wine industry has grown remarkably in recent years, due to a solid reputation for critically acclaimed wines that consistently overachieve at their price points. Washington now has more than 890 licensed wineries, compared to 19 in 1981, 163 in 2000 and 750 in 2012. The state is the second-largest producer of premium wine in the country, and its $4.8 billion wine industry provides more than 6,000 winery and vineyard jobs. Washington State wines are available in all 50 states, as well as internationally.
Support and strategic thinking are necessary to ensure Washington’s continued growth. For the past three years, the Commission has strengthened its presence in the San Francisco Bay Area, a major center of influence in the food and wine world. Through creative, carefully targeted campaigns designed to educate and excite, the Commission has developed and grown relationships with key media and trade.
The Commission seeks to continue its influence with these “taste makers.” The ideal partner in this initiative will:
- Identify influential and up-and-coming San Francisco-based wine, food and lifestyle media;
- Provide on-the-ground insight to help target specific media more effectively;
- Develop creative ideas and collaborate with WSWC on media outreach activities in the San Francisco Bay Area including but not limited to story development, pitching, placement and sample mailings;
- Assist in planning and producing successful and innovative events for targeted media;
- Help to identify prominent and up-and-coming restaurant and retail outlets and contacts in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Provide intelligence to help target specific restaurant and retail outlets and contacts more effectively;
- Facilitate targeted outreach to increase wholesale distribution and retail and restaurant placements in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Create & execute innovative promotions for retailers and restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Assist with planning and producing seminars, tastings and other events for targeted trade and media in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Develop new, and/or refine existing metrics to evaluate the success of specific programs and activities in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Provide monthly reporting and updates on programs and future planning, including an annual in-person presentation to the Washington State Wine Commission Board;
- Speak confidently and accurately on behalf of the Commission in the San Francisco Bay Area and display a thorough understanding of the Commission’s message and mission;
- Help to create and sustain a buzz about Washington State wine among targeted media and trade in the San Francisco Bay Area.
March 18, 2016 at 5:00 PM PST
Washington State Wine Commission
ATTN: Chris Stone
1201 Western Ave., Suite 450
Seattle, WA 98101
Top Public Relations News:
Computerization Eliminates the Middleman
Selling a PR Agency and What to Know About the Process
Itzhak Fisher Funds User Acquisition Platform Taptica
5WPR Expands Beauty PR Practice with Amarte Cosmetics
Chesapeake Bay Foundation Issues Lobbying RFP
United States Government Seeking Iranian Propagandists in Los Angeles
Hempstead Union Schools Issue Public Relations RFP
Public Relations Agencies Bought & Sold
Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Control Agency Issues Media RFP
City of Port Colborne Issues Advertising RFP