UNICEF Bulgaria is looking for one or several companies to provide video production services for advocacy, communication and fundraising purposes. Through a pre-determined set of key messages with the aim to raise awareness and the public discussion on specific advocacies/programs, or to raise funds, supported by UNICEF Bulgaria, the contracted company will produce quality, effective videos aligned to the brief of UNICEF Bulgaria and to UNICEF branding guidelines.
UNICEF program and communication background: The United Nations Children#s Fund (UNICEF) works to support Government efforts in advancing the realization of children#s rights in the country. Together with partners we support reforms in health, child and social protection and education so that all children in the country have a foundation for a fair chance, for every one of them to survive, thrive and reach their full potential. We use a mix of strategies including communication for social change strategies – public advocacy, social mobilisation and communication for behaviour change – to inform, inspire and engage audiences to support change for children and trigger positive changes in attitudes and practices. Over the coming period, priority communication interventions will focus on:
1) Early Childhood Development and Child Care: Support for development and strengthening support for parenting of young children through home visiting and parenting support programs; improving identification and early intervention for children with developmental difficulties and disabilities aged 0-6 years.
2) Inclusive Education and Early Learning: Providing quality inclusive pre-school and school education for every child through support for quality early education for vulnerable children, development of safe and inclusive learning environment and implementation of innovative solutions for improved learning outcomes of children at risk of dropping out
3) Prevention of Violence against Children, Protection of Victims and Access to Justice: Working for effective violence prevention and response at all levels of the ecological model, including legal and policy frameworks; systems and institutions; society/communities; families; mothers, fathers and other caregivers; and girls and boys, including adolescents
4) Youth engagement: Changing perceptions of society towards the untapped potential of adolescents and youth as agents for positive social change; equipping adolescents with skills for learning, personal empowerment and employability; enabling adolescent and youth participation in decision-making via different platforms in schools, communities, digital space, etc.
5) Communication and promotion of child rights in Bulgaria and globally #campaigns and events to engage audiences in advocacy linked to major international milestones as the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in 2019
Scope of Work:
Serving as a non-exclusive video production company to support UNICEF Bulgaria advocacy, communication and fundraising purposes. This will involve:
· Video shooting (including recording of UNICEF Bulgaria events)
· Video editing;
· Developing scripts and storyboards;
· Voice-over recording;
· Audio mixing;
· Graphics and animation;
· Drone videography;
· Talent casting;
The selected company may subcontract with other firms, as appropriate. The subcontracted services should not exceed 35% of the overall assignment. Partial bidding is accepted.
III. End product(s) and delivery dates and details:
Long-term arrangement (LTA) is an arrangement entered into with a supplier to secure the supply of the required service over a period of time. One or more suppliers could be awarded with LTAs with certain pre-defined terms and conditions. Specific purchase orders/contracts with exact quantities are placed under these frameworks at later stage. There is no obligation in volume or amount for UNICEF to assign specific assignments within the LTA. The specific details will be defined separately for each assignment.
IV. Contract supervisor and frequency of performance review:
The contract will be managed by the Communications Officer of UNICEF Bulgaria and performance reviewed at the end of each assignment.
V. ESTIMATED DURATION OF CONTRACT
It is expected that the long-term arrangement will last 24 months from October 2019 to October 2021, with the option to extend for additional 12 months.
VI. DUTY STATION
Assignments will be primarily linked to UNICEF’s work in Bulgaria; on rare occasions, the contractor may be engaged by UNICEF office#s in other countries.
VII. Qualification or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
· Proven track record in producing high-quality short-form video clips and/or documentary-style videos
· Professional-level videography and editorial competencies
· Proven track record of using innovative techniques and different video formats
· Similar experience with the United Nations and its specialized agencies is an advantage
· Experience with projects featuring children is an advantage
· Capacity to complete a project within a specified deadline
· Ability to produce multi-materials in Bulgarian and English
· A designated team to service the ongoing needs of the long-term arrangement
VIII. PAYMENT TERMS
Details to be included in related contracts established through the long-term arrangement and based on deliverables and submission of invoices paid in BGN.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines.
14 October 2019.
87 Kniaz Alexander Doundukov Blvd.