University of North Texas Seeking Marketing Agency
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of North Texas, formerly the Emeritus College, is an organization created to provide an extensive range of educational opportunities, travel programs, and social activities for adults age 50 and over.
Since 2009, OLLI at UNT has offered classes to allow adults a new way to experience college. There are no admission requirements, no tests, and no grades. OLLI at UNT provides avenues for adults to boost both their cognitive capacity as well as social interaction. More information about the OLLI at UNT program is available at https://lifelong.unt.edu/OLLI.
OLLI at UNT has received grant funds earmarked for the expansion of the lifelong learning program at UNT. The objective is to increase the enrollment in the program, and the first goal is to reach or exceed 500 members by the spring semester of 2018 deadline. They are seeking public relations and marketing services that will facilitate this enrollment growth.
SCOPE OF WORK
Below are the branding and marketing activities, along with anticipated timeframes, that are specified for this project.
- E-Communications (monthly, May-January)
- E-mail marketing: one email per month, utilizing the existing email database and purchased lists. These lists include those currently owned by UNTS, as well as vendor-recommended lists. Vendor-recommended lists will be purchased by UNTS, upon agreement with recommendation, and are not to be considered part of this bid response.
- Service includes template build-out and content development of three (3) e-newsletters to be distributed, one per month.
- Public Relations (monthly, May-January)
- “Create news” by pitching various angles to key local print and broadcast outlets, such as education, metro, lifestyle, travel, fitness, etc. Topics to include, but not limited to:
- Profiles of members, professors/speakers, volunteers, and staff
- Grass roots and community events
- Classroom observations, highlighting the most interesting courses and speakers
- Member survey results
- Topical responses, such as pitching OLLI as a resource whenever relevant research or national news offers a tie-in
- Develop media alerts around all key events to invite media to attend and cover
- Print targets include, but not limited to, The Dallas Morning News, Denton Record Chronicle, Denton County Living Well, Frisco Enterprise, Little Elm Journal, and Plano Star Courier
- Broadcast target outlets include, but not limited to, WFAA, KERA, KRLD, KTVT, NBC-DFW, and FOX4.
- Social Media (monthly, May-January)
- Bidders are to develop and describe, in detail, a social media strategy and tactics proposed to drive traffic to The OLLI website at https://lifelong.unt.edu/OLLI.
At this time, we are proceeding with Facebook. Other platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn will be considered.
Facebook use will focus on building relationships, buzz, and loyal followings, from which potential member leads can be developed. It is critical that content represent the brand positively, with authenticity and in an engaging manner. Stories and relevance are extremely important.
- Facebook engagement and interaction 5 days a week
- Robson Ranch/Frisco Lakes representation (monthly, May-January)
Serve as liaison between Robson Ranch and Frisco Lakes corporate and local teams to leverage marketing opportunities.
- Retention program (May, June, October, November)
Goal of the retention program is to retain current members. Program should include, but not limited to
- Creative, to include
- Campaign for end of fall semester
- Update stock photography using subscription purchased and provided by UNTS.
- Community events (June – August)
Vendor must have expertise in community outreach activities.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) (July – December)
Bidders are to develop and describe, in detail, a search engine optimization strategy to attain a top ranking of search engines (e.g.: Google, etc.).
- Direct mail (September)
Vendor to provide creative design and content for one (1) direct mail piece. Account management and reporting (monthly) Functions to include
- Review member survey and suggest edits, etc.
- Assist with unified branding, voice, and messaging, as needed
- Assist in preservation of consistent brand and message, in coordination with OLLI at UNT.
- Provide team correspondence, including strategic counsel and recommendations, as well as regular updates. All correspondence is to be via e-mail and addressed to the designated UNTS agent.
- Monthly reporting on results of all activities listed herein, with recommended amendments or adjustments.
Proposal due by April 17 to:
Janell Tepera, Sr. Buyer University of North Texas System
Business Service Center-Procurement Services 1112 Dallas Drive, Suite 4000
Denton, Texas 76205
M Booth Associates and Weber Shandwick maintain offices in Texas.