The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is seeking proposals from qualified agencies to provide marketing, PR, and advertising services for New College in Collin County. UNTS is a University system that is composed of the University of North Texas in Denton (UNT), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) in Fort Worth and the University of North Texas at Dallas (UNTD). The UNT System Administration is based in downtown Dallas. The three independent universities of the UNT System have combined enrollment of just over 42,000 students across five major teaching locations, including each main campus as well as Frisco and downtown Dallas.
The University of North Texas’ New College provides students with learning opportunities outside of the traditional higher education model. From providing degree programs at convenient locations throughout Collin County to offering the Applied Arts & Sciences degree for students with atypical credit arrangements to its partnerships with top-notch businesses and community organizations, UNT New College is forging the way to a new kind of educational experience.
New College offers classes to students at two convenient locations in Collin County: the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney and in Frisco at Hall Park. Starting in the spring of 2019, we will begin offering programs at the third location in Collin County at Inspire Park in Frisco.
Currently, New College has seen a growth of students enrolled in programs in Frisco and McKinney. UNT is also seeking to grow the population of a student from Collin County on the main campus of UNT.
With the rapid growth of Collin County and UNT’s recent partnership with the city of Frisco to build a new campus our goal is to drive awareness of UNT’s presence in Collin County and increase enrollments that are uniquely Collins-based. For this reason, UNTS is seeking proposals from qualified agencies to provide marketing, PR, and advertising services for New College in Collin County to:
- Increase combined enrollment at Hall Park, the CHEC, and Inspire Park for Fall 2019 and beyond
- Increase the penetration of Collin County students to UNT’s main campus in Denton
- Drive awareness and increase the visibility of UNT’s offerings in Collin County and Denton
- Generate interest and support from corporate and community partners
- Position UNT as a premier partner for Community Colleges and ISDs
- Generate increased awareness of UNT’s lab-based programs and partnerships at Inspire Park
- Generate increased awareness and messaging associated with UNT’s entrepreneurship ecosystem centered on Inspire Park
Scope of Work:
Vendor Minimum Requirements/Qualifications
- Proposers must be able to describe their capability to deliver integrated services in and across the greater Collin County area.
- Proposers must be able to describe their abilities in leveraging leading edge e-technology.
- Proposers must present a record of accomplishment of innovation and the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Proposers must present at least three (3) references, with an emphasis on higher education institutions.
- Messaging—Integration of current UNT Frisco Message into the campaign. Possible recommendations for tailoring/evolving the message.
- Public Relations Services – Plan for the community, public, and media relations effort in Collin County and neighboring areas leading into the Fall 2019 semester.
- Social/Digital Media – Identify key social/digital media channels and outlets that are best leveraged against targeted demographics identified by New College; develop a media strategy, create, manage and optimize paid creative and organic content.
- Website Branding & Messaging – Make recommendations and create new website messaging/content.
- Print Collateral creation – Develop viewbook for cohort degree and other supporting collateral for recruitment of students
- Educational Offerings – Identify academic programs and educational opportunities for New College to offer based on analysis of competition, corporate demand, and emerging trends. Evaluate certificate programs and graduate track-type programs.
- Industry Partnerships, Business Incubation, and Lab based partnerships – Develop marketing and communications approach for UNT’s industry partnership, and lab business partnership services (primarily located at Inspire Park).
- Stories– Capture stories of students’ background and success to support print, video, and website.
University of North Texas System
Business Service Center
1112 Dallas Drive, Suite 4000
Denton, TX 76205