Strathcona County, located in Alberta, Canada is located in the center of Alberta’s heartland; County residents live and work in diverse agricultural, rural, parkland, urban and industrial settings. The County is a young, vibrant and inviting community of over 95,000 residents. For more information visit www.strathcona.ca.
Festival Place serves as Strathcona County’s performing arts center. In operation since 1993, Festival Place is the premiere facility of its kind in Alberta, presenting over 85 professional touring performers of international stature each year, and in addition, producing three theatrical productions annually. With a primary focus on the presentation of performing arts activities, programs and events, Festival Place serves Strathcona County residents, schools, business and guests from the region. Festival Place operates year-round to deliver performing arts programs and hosts business meetings and special events.
Strathcona County is seeking a PR firm to help raise the profile for Festival Place.
Services to include to:
- Provide ongoing review and consultation of marketing plans including “season plans” as required;
- Secure general awareness opportunities and targeted promotions, cross- promotions and publicity opportunities to increase recognition and audience base as an “entertainment destination”;
- Provide consultation and copy direction regarding marketing materials including radio ads, brochures, handbills, print ads and other as requested;
- Book various television and radio ad schedules and arrange media sponsorship opportunities for specific performances as requested;
- Research potential niche target markets of unique shows that require special contacts beyond the norm;
- Develop and utilize a project timeline encompassing media relations duties on an ongoing basis. This includes a plan for the roll-out of new “season” line-ups and show additions;
- Prepare and distribute media releases, public service announcements, photos and other publicity materials to relevant media contacts for each production in a timely manner;
- Prepare and distribute “This Week at Festival Place” email notices to Edmonton and area media each Monday;
- Develop and pursue specific local, regional, and in some cases national media angles for events for print and electronic media (including feature stories, on- air interviews, reviews, photo-ops, etc.);
- Act as media liaison with County representatives and staff of Festival Place, and production artists and their publicists;
- Maintain and utilize an up-to-date list of relevant media contacts;
- Provide transportation for and accompany artists to interviews as required;
- Mentor Festival Place staff in areas of marketing, public relations decision- making, implementation and coordination as required;
- Generate content for and moderate social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube; and,
- Coordinate a media clippings package and final public relations report for the season.
RFP’s are due by Tuesday, March 15, 2016 to: Strathcona County Procurement Services Main Floor, County Hall 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 3W7.
Top Public Relations News:
Who is Lynn Casey, the CEO of PadillaCRT?
Spain Public Relations Agencies
University of South Carolina Aiken Issues Branding RFP
How to Recover from Bad Publicity on Social Media
Filipino Administration Admits hiring US PR firm for President Aquino’s visit
How to Craft A Byline Op-ed
MWWPR, Rubenstein PR & Ruder Finn PR News Updates
Florida Department Of Environmental Protection Issues Marketing RFP
Keith Zakheim of Beckerman PR to Fire any Employee Who Doesn’t Replace the Milk
Company Profile: Accent Public Relations