The BIA is soliciting proposals from communications professionals to provide marketing and public relations services, “Services”, in order to increase the level and quality of effective communication to the public, and our member businesses. The BIA is the process of completing a streetscape masterplan that will identify a long-term vision for streetscape improvements in the area, with the overall goal of improving the urban form and strengthening the identity of the Beach Village. This project is slated to be complete by the end of the year and would be the first major communications project the successful candidate will undertake.
The Beach Village Business Improvement Area “BIA”, is one of 84 BIAs in the City of Toronto and represents over 300 businesses and property owners along Queen Street East, from Lockwood Road to Neville Park Boulevard. The BIA works to promote economic development in the area, with initiatives that include improving public spaces, beautifying the streetscape, coordinating events and marketing the area and our members.
Scope of Work
· Develop public relations strategies with targeted outreach for the BIA, the BIAs events and special projects.
· Create targeted media list(s) for ongoing initiatives as well as special events.
· Work as liaison with any partners, etc., to create and maintain communications and enlist their cooperation in promoting campaigns and events.
· Draft, edit, seek approval and distribute media materials such as press releases, advisories and pitches.
· Work with the BIA to pursue any strategic promotional partnerships.
· Assist the BIA pursue sponsorship, as well as assistance in creation of sponsorship package.
· Assist with copywriting and editing of all promotional materials such as fliers, posters, advertisements, social media posts, etc., to maintain brand consistency.
· Seek out beneficial advertising arrangements that benefit the BIA’s projects.
· Strategize on ways to improve social media channels, including more community engagement and advising on additional initiatives for effective communications.
· Outline details of events and post to online and print calendar listings.
· Create and pitch fresh, new and unique story angles to local and regional media.
· Draft scripts/speaking points for key spokespeople and help with any interview preparation as needed.
· Collect press hits/placements and maintain media report.
Anna Sebert – Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org 416 693 2242