The City is soliciting offers for responsible proposers to provide Community Relations Marketing for the City of Boca Raton. The City requires a firm that can develop and implement marketing services that meets the City’s resources and schedule.
Scope of Work:
Task 1 Mizner Park Amphitheater (MPA) Events, Downtown Events, Recreation Services Events and Other Events Marketing
- a) Review existing marketing plans, advertising, and efforts.
- b) Kick-off meeting with staff from the Community Relations Division, Recreation staff and/or the City’s Downtown Manager to review and understand goals of each group. Identify and develop marketing ideas.
- c) Develop and implement the marketing plan for events and (and for series of events), including Downtown Boca Raton, Mizner Park Amphitheater (MPA), Recreation Services events, and other events.
- d) Design and develop promotional materials as directed by staff.
- e) Coordinate marketing activities with City departments and programs to ensure alignment and avoid duplication.
- f) Develop and utilize a methodology to determine the effectiveness of the marketing programs.
- g) As applicable, provide estimated expense budget based on the marketing plan developed for the Outside Services such as printing, graphic design, media buys, etc.
Task 2 Media, Public Relations, and Advertising
- a) Provide recommendations to City staff on the development and implementation of marketing, advertising and media relations activities
- b) Establish and maintain partnerships and relationships with media outlets and secure media partnerships.
- c) Identify public relations opportunities for the City, generally including, but limited to, City events, activities and programs, and develop strategies to create and obtain positive media coverage (print, radio, TV, and internet).
- d) Recommend and implement marketing/advertising plans for each event.
- e) Create and issue appropriate press releases as approved by City staff.
- f) Negotiate and secure the best rates for advertising opportunities for marketing activities.
Task 3 Partnerships and Opportunities
- a) Investigate and secure partnerships with businesses and non-profit organizations.
- b) Investigate and recommend cross-promotional opportunities.
- c) Investigate activity and event opportunities in the Mizner Park Amphitheater (MPA), Downtown Boca Raton areas and other areas of the City.
- d) Secure financial sponsorships.
Task 4 Social Media
- a) Develop a social media strategy to expand and enhance the City’s existing social media activities.
- b) Provide content for social media platforms as requested.
October 13th, 2017
City of Boca Raton
City Hall Purchasing Division
201 West Palmetto Park Road
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
Zimmerman PR and Advertising is a strong Florida based firm.
Top Public Relations News:
Building the Best Business Team
Nicolet College Seeks Website Redesign
News From Hunter PR, Zeno Group & Government PR Spending
Private Garbage, the New Pseudo-gold Mine of Personal Branding
Pure Michigan Campaign Losing Ground since Flint Water Crisis
Washington State Housing Finance Commission Issues Creative Services RFP
Twitter Boosts Responsibility Profile by Targeting Political Bots
PepsiCo Teams Up to Help Chicago Kids
Michael Vick Gives Lesson In Beating Bad PR
Adam Schefter Demonstrates ESPN’s Twitter Benefits