The City of Mount Pearl is seeking proposals from qualified individuals/firms to develop a marketing campaign and supporting materials to assist in the implementation of their economic development strategy.
The primary objectives of this project are to:
- Develop a campaign to attract new businesses to Mount Pearl by positioning it as the best place to do business in the province, with a strong focus on the start-up, technology, and innovation sector.
- Demonstrate a commitment to new business growth and expansion, including how easy it is to open a business in Mount Pearl and the accessibility of resources and support for growth.
- Restore a commitment from the city to existing businesses across a diverse range of industries.
- Promote Mount Pearl as a unique destination to live, work and play.
The City of Mount Pearl has a history of innovation and a reputation for progression in municipal development. As a young city, incorporated in 1988, Mount Pearl has grown to be one of the largest municipalities in Newfoundland and Labrador, shaped by strong leadership, robust service delivery, a vibrant economic base and most importantly, a community that shares our passion and commitment to this City. While we are proud of where we have come from, we are in a state of transition. With a shrinking, aging population, and an economy in transition, it is time for Mount Pearl to transform itself, and work towards building a city that will attract new growth and investment while leading the way as a progressive, familyoriented and business-friendly city.
Our goals are ambitious. By 2023, we aim to lower our median age, increase our population by 5%, increase the commercial tax base by 10%, renew the urban landscape, and transform the city through technology and innovation. To achieve these goals, the City of Mount Pearl will redefine economic development in the province and across the Atlantic provinces. It will be focused and bold in the pursuit to become a modern community of engaged citizens, where talent and business thrive, while leading the way in sustainable development and growth.
Scope of Work:
Aligning with our vision and objectives, the successful supplier must develop, design and implement a suite of supporting materials, including:
- A creative concept and tagline for the campaign
- Key message copy-writing
- A campaign microsite that:
- Is seamlessly accessible from www.mountpearl.ca
- Acts as a resource page for new and existing business owners
iii. Is purposely developed, including but not limited to:
-Web-ready content writing
-Visually interesting City profile (i.e. economic/demographic snapshot)
-Integration of business directory (link to back-end business directory)
-Identified resources for opening a business (access to permit applications, etc.)
- Reinvention of the existing “Business Guide” including a re-write of existing copy and design
- Completion of a “welcome” kit for new businesses, including:
- Welcome letter – copywriting (from Mayor)
- One-page city overview – concept/design/copy (include highlights of Mount Pearl, resources, city contacts, chamber information)
iii. Simplified map of Mount Pearl highlighting key areas/points of interest – concept/design/copy
- Recommendation for promotional items and costing
- Development of advertising assets including all copy-writing and design:
- Digital display ads (2 sizes to be determined)
- 1 full colour print ad (poster)
iii. 2 radio spots including script and production costs (:30’s including bumper)
- Concept and recommendation for a video including estimated production cost
City of Mount Pearl
3 Centennial Street
Mount Pearl, NL
Top Public Relations News:
City of South El Monte, California Issues Marketing RFP
Diffusion PR: PR Agency Profile
Oxfam America Launches “Be a Good Kid” Campaign
iPhone Vulnerability Threatens Secure Image of iOS Devices
Public Relations Firms Attracting Cities as Clients
Goldman Sachs Hires PR Exec David Wells
Broward Health In Seek of Marketing & Advertising Agency
Are Hospitals Paying Too Much for PR?
Kraft’s New Mondelez Naming Goof in Russian
South African Scientific and Industrial Research Seeks Branding Agency