It is the intent of the City of Stamford (“City”) by issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to secure lobbying services for the City of Stamford before the Connecticut General Assembly and Connecticut State agencies. The lobbying firm shall prepare correspondence and testimony, make appointments, monitor legislative activity, and communicate effectively with State legislators, General Assembly staff, City representatives, and the City delegation and their staff, as well as political entities who share specific interests with the City of Stamford. These activities shall be conducted in furtherance of the City’s legislative and executive agendas. The lobbying firm shall also provide the City with monthly status reports concerning its activities on behalf of the City.
Stamford is home to three Fortune 500 and eight Fortune 1000 companies and supports some of Connecticut’s most prestigious businesses. Along with many regional branches, the headquarters of many prominent companies such as Charter Communications, Synchrony Financial, and Vineyard Vines call Stamford home. Stamford boasts an impressive list of finance, insurance, management, real-estate, digital media, health, and consumer goods companies. By fostering some of the top businesses in the country, Stamford has created an atmosphere of success and competition that drives the best to do even better.
Scope of Work:
The lobbying firm shall provide sufficient documentation that they are qualified to represent the City of Stamford in the manner providing the City with the maximum opportunity to advance its agenda.
Such representation shall include the following activities:
- Identify topics and areas of legislative or administrative activity to the Stamford delegation, relevant committee chairs and membership, and City administration officials.
- Strongly advocate positions on behalf of the City.
- Prepare correspondence and testimony.
- Meet with legislators and staff, and facilitate such meetings for City officials.
- Monitor legislative activity.
- Recommend actions to be taken by the City.
- Perform follow up with groups supporting Stamford municipal interests.
- Undertake other advocacy activities as necessary in consultation with the City and its delegation.
- Meet with State administrative staff and facilitate such meetings for City officials.
Erik Larson, Purchasing Agent
City of Stamford
888 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
ATTN: Proposal for State Lobbying Services
Top Public Relations News:
Event Management RFP Issued By Nova Scotia Business Incorporated
Murray State University Issues Marketing RFP
College Lake County Issues Marketing RFP For Academia
Medialets Unveils Mobile Ad Buying Platform
Richmond Redevelopment Issues RFP For Public Affairs/Media Relations Firm
Famous Quotes on Inspiration you May Never Had Heard
Baltimore Office of Sustainability Issues Website RFP
Fahlgren Mortine, Prosek & SS PR: Websites Fail Miserably At Digital Engagement
Windows Everywhere, a Microsoft Move that Makes Sense
Liberty Communications to Open New York Offices