Our website’s number one objective is to inform, educate and engage those living in the Borough, or those considering moving here, and to provide information about the Borough to website visitors. The second objective is to inform website visitors of Borough news.
The Borough of Collegeville is in Montgomery County, PA and has approximately 5,100 residents. We have one full-time and two part-time employees in the Borough offices. We also have a police force and a volunteer fire department. The Borough has a seven-member Council and a Mayor as well as multiple commissions and committees, many of which will need to have a website presence.
Our current website, www.collegeville-pa.gov is 20 years old and has not been updated to keep up with current functionality demands or branding/design updates. We are not looking to revamp this site – we are looking for a brand new site that will provide users with the information that they are looking for from their local government.
Scope of Work:
Our new website will need:
- An easy-to-use, database driven open source CMS
o Calendar for events, etc
o Calls to action
o Signup forms
o Quick links
o Blog categories
- Intuitive navigation
- Responsive design
o Pages, sidebars, and footers resize
o Menu to all levels
- Quick links on every page
- Resource library where documents can be stored and retrieved
- Clean and focused design
- All applicable content migrated from current site (client to determine content to be migrated)
- Optimized with SEO best practices
- Blogs (the ability to have multiple blogs on a variety of topics
- Social media integration (share buttons, follow buttons, etc.)
- Email sign-up form
- Contact For
- Accessible to editors off site
- Ability to make forms
- Ability for editors to upload pages
- Ability for a variety of users to upload content and make changes
Shift Communications has a strong digital group.