Napa County (County) County Executive Office is issuing this Request for Proposal (RFP) in order to potentially secure on-call and immediate translation services during emergency situations as well as translation services for less time-sensitive documents.
During emergency situations, the County utilizes an emergency notification system known as NIXLE, as well as various social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. In addition to these emergency notifications and communication opportunities, the County also publishes and distributes Community Outreach notifications containing less time-sensitive information. It is expected that the contracting entity is on-call and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate translation of the emergency notifications and community outreach documents.
Scope of Work:
- Provide secure on-call and immediate translation services during emergency situations as well as translation services for less time-sensitive document translation services.
- The predominant language will be Spanish, Tagalog is desired as well
- It is expected that the contracting entity is on-call and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate translation of the emergency notifications and community outreach documents.
- Turn-around time to be prompt/immediate, with exact timing to be agreed upon during negotiation and contract development, and broken down into four categories:
- Immediate – County envisions this to be 20 minutes or less
- Urgent – County envisions this to be within 1 hour
- Time Sensitive – County envisions this to be within 24 hours
- Less Critical – County envisions this to be within 72 hours
- Translation to include stylistic language, wording, formatting, and punctuation appropriate to translated language in a culturally competent manner.
- A translation must not be solely a transcription but to the true interpretation of intent.
- When translations will be published via social media, translations must conform to requirements and limitations of social media platforms, including at the minimum: Twitter, Facebook, and Nixle. The contractor must specify the applicable social media platform compatibility with each translation. If requirements and limitations to social media platforms conflict, Contractor must provide translation in each of the differing formats.
- Must promote consistency between translations of similar messaging and documents (e.g. consistency of translation between social media platforms; consistency between brochures, etc).
- Participate in revision processes with some revisions being prepared by Contractor, and some revisions being prepared by the County. The revision process will be deemed completed when County is satisfied with the final translation and formatting.
- Provide drafts and completed translated documents/forms in the native format unless specified otherwise by the County. Such native format includes at the minimum, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF or their equivalent. A contractor must be able to convert Microsoft files into PDF format.
- Receive and transmit drafts and completed translated documents/forms from and to County in writing, which includes secure e-mail, electronic file attachments to e-mail, web portal, or if requested by the County, by facsimile, USPS mail, or overnight services to the County.
- Ownership and copyright of the native documents and resulting translated documents will remain with the County, who will distribute at will to the general public.
- English word counts will be determined using Microsoft Word’s word count feature.
- No machine-generated translations are allowed.
- Provide and keep current 24-hour contact information.
- Provide customer service processes that will ensure that all customer service issues are addressed in a consistent and expeditious manner, including problem escalation and resolution of service issues.
Molly Rattigan, Deputy County Executive Office
Napa County Executive Office
1195 Third Street Ste. 310
Napa, CA 94559
Top Public Relations News:
Oregon Liquor Control Needs Media Monitoring
PR PRofiles: LaunchSquad, Marx Layne, M18 PR & more…
Essex, New Jersey Issues Creative Media RFP
Public Relations Firms In Nigeria, Africa Ain’t Being Paid
9 Super LinkedIn Influencers You Should Follow
Coyne PR’s Rent is $70K A Month, Rogers & Cowan Names New President(s)
Thunder Bay International Baseball Association Is Looking For A Marketing Agency
Fashion Institute of Technology Issues Marketing RFP
PR Tip of the Week: Green Cars
Clarify Capital On Crisis PR Situations