Communications RFP Issued By Olentangy Schools
The Olentangy Local School District (hereinafter referred to as Olentangy Schools or the District) is seeking a redesign and development of its website and integrated Content Management System (CMS), Mass Communications System and Mobile App to replace the District’s existing communication tools. A consistent design and theme that carries onward throughout the site, communications and mobile app is highly favored. It is necessary that each element portray quality and excellence.
The District covers approximately 95 square miles. A majority of the District is situated in Delaware County, approximately 20 miles north of downtown Columbus, Ohio. The District serves all or parts of numerous municipalities that include seven townships, including the cities of Powell, Delaware, Columbus and Westerville. For more than a decade, Olentangy Schools has been the fastest-growing school district in the state of Ohio. From a single 1-12 campus in 1989, enrollment has grown to more than 22,000 students in 25 buildings: 15 elementary schools with grades K-5 with preschool operations in several buildings; five middle schools with grades 6-8; four high schools with grades 9-12, and a STEM Academy building. The District’s web presence is a critical one. The website offers an abundance of important, useful and timely content. It’s a reflection of our efforts to be transparent with all stakeholders. The Mass Communications system is equally vital to the District’s operations as it is the primary tool for all external communications. It also plays a key role in our emergency and crisis operations. Likewise, the Mobile App is critical to the District’s ability to reach our community anytime, anywhere.
Scope of Work:
3.1 Project Overview Our team has highlighted two overarching goals for the redesign project and is looking for a firm, or firms, that will make these goals its own:
· To create a world-class website that reflects our institution’s mission and values.
· To create an online environment that supports internal and external constituent needs.
· To provide a mass communication system that allows the district to quickly and efficiently communicate with internal and external audiences across a variety of communication channels (phone, email, texts)
· To provide a high-quality mobile app that is intuitive, has an easy-to-use interface and is integrated with the website and mass communication system.
3.2 Stakeholder Expectations It is recognized that a redesign may cause the district website to be categorized and/or structured differently, based on feedback gathered from internal focus groups, District needs and the selected vendor’s expertise. For example, the new site might have “gateways” that personalize each visit by using data from PowerSchool, the District’s student information system, into popular user groups, such as:
· New Family / Enrollment Information 8 3.3 Project Structure We expect this project to include several phases, such as the following (provided as an example only the final process may be different):
· Along with the existing feedback provided by department and school administrators and various community stakeholder groups, the chosen Vendor will work with a designee to further determine strengths and weaknesses of the existing website.
· The District is provided with site architecture and related mock-ups for internal reviews; provides revisions and approves.
· The new site is built according to the District’s approved design within a prototype staging environment for District review, approval of style, functionality, content, etc.
· Confirmation by both parties that the website functions properly across the latest supported browser and OS combinations. Training
· Key site managers are trained before and/or after the site is taken live.
· After final approval by the District, the site is formally made live.
· Ongoing support and additional training opportunities scheduled as needed
3 P.M. EST ON JANUARY 13, 2020
RFP# COMOI –2019
7840 Graphics Way
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
Relevant agencies include Zeno Group and Hunter PR.