The age of digital marketing is now heading towards a better and advanced experience for the users. Having a positive user experience as one of your primary focuses could help you stand out among the rest of your competitors given that you’re able to satisfy the needs of your target audience, for websites, they are your visitors.
A positive user experience has several benefits both for the online and offline platforms of the brand. They include:
- Strengthening the relationships of the brand to its customers.
- Amplifying offline and online content assets to other channels where targeted audience resides.
- Absorbing new followers on social, blog and community through word of mouth marketing and referrals.
These benefits could be gained through many methods which most of them could be used for online presence (site branding).
In this post, I’d like to share a few tips on how you can enhance your site’s user experience.
Let’s get started.
Easy site navigation
Designing websites for small to medium brands should not only deal with the color, format and structure of their online platforms. Easy site navigation should be one of the priorities when starting to build a company website.
Here are a few examples of websites that have easy navigation structures:
What easy site navigation can do for your brand?
- Allows your visitors to easily find the most important pages of your site.
- Provides reason for your users to return to your pages (first impression lasts).
- Conveys the right message your brand wants to send to its users.
- Popularize a certain type of content, format and theme that your community should start embracing.
- Lowers bounce rate which can improve your site’s performance on search results.
Schedule post-subscription newsletters
New subscribers to your website (whether it’s on your product or blog) should be cared by providing them with regular high quality content pieces that resonate to their interests.
Autoresponders is an effective tool to schedule newsletters that are sent with intervals after your visitors subscribed to your product or blog. This can help you continuously interact with your users without the need to personally send them individual email messages.
Here is an example of autoresponder (first newsletter after subscription) from Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income.
You can also apply the same strategy to your blog (especially if your industry needs actionable tips about various topics). Just look at the above example, Pat Flynn provides actionable blogging tips just as he promised from first newsletter (welcome new user email).
You can use GetResponse to create autoresponders in your email marketing channel.
Improve user interaction on your site
Establishing a well-designed and structured website is not enough. Interacting with users is needed to make your brand more humanized and approachable to the community.
Here are some ways to improve user interaction on your site:
- Integrate social media channels to absorb new followers and engage them through content sharing and social comments. Use Cyfe’s Social Media Dashboard to manage your various social channels and business data.
- Ensure comment platforms on the blog and enable external linking to encourage more blog comments.
- If applicable, start a forum on your site and create categories that are related to your brand and suit the interests of your audience. Strict forum guidelines should be implemented to avoid massive spam profiles and threads.
- Install survey/chat platforms on your site to get feedbacks both from your regular and new visitors. You can use Qeryz to create surveys on your website.
The more interaction your brand and your team members can do, the more visitors it can bring to your site.
Top Public Relations News:
The Basics of PR
Halifax Regional Municipality Issues Marketing RFP
Capital Fringe Issues Website RFP
ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS SEEKS MARKETING FIRM
MWW PR Group Fires Anthony Weiner – NY Post Says Michael Kempner Whined
Margery Kraus of APCO Worldwide Wins C200 Luminary Award
The Open Government Partnership (OGP) Issues RFP For Advertising/PR/Marketing
Oregon Housing Issues Public Relations & Government Relations RFP
City of Marshall, MN Issues Branding RFP
Hotwire PR Profile