The NDC Partnership, through World Resources Institute (WRI), is seeking a dynamic communications professional to help implement the Communications Strategy of the Partnership’s Support Unit; including press, digital, social media and multimedia activities, as well as support for events, workshops and presentations. The professional will also help to develop and facilitate translation and design of a suite of marketing materials.
The NDC Partnership is a global coalition of countries and institutions working to mobilize support and achieve ambitious climate goals while enhancing sustainable development. Through our Partnership, members leverage their resources and expertise to provide countries with the tools they need to implement their NDCs and combat climate change to build a better future. Hosted by WRI and the UNFCCC Secretariat, the NDC Partnership has members in all regions of the world, with staff in Washington DC and Bonn, Germany. For this project, the vendor would engage directly with staff located in the Washington DC office.
Scope of Work:
The NDC Partnership Communications team has the need for the following responsibilities:
• Execute strategic communications plans to support high-priority initiatives, media placements and speaking engagements, working collaboratively with staff and leadership
Across the NDC Partnership to identify such opportunities and highlight the appropriate research, analysis, tools and experts.
• Author and assist in the development of communications materials that amplify examples of countries taking early and ambitious actions to implement their national climate plans under the Paris Agreement with support from the NDC Partnership.
• Build and foster collaborative relationships with communications experts among key NDC Partnership stakeholders to encourage global communications efforts around common messages and activities.
• Aid in development, implementation and management of the NDC Partnership’s global communications efforts, including translation and design.
• Develop general communications materials related to an emerging partnership, including its website, messaging, talking points, PowerPoint slides, infographics and print materials.
• Aid in design and layout of communications materials, including through collaboration with external vendors.
• Work with communications and research experts to oversee efficient execution of processes regarding publications, knowledge tools and communications activities.
• Execute creative ways to translate climate actions into compelling storylines, including through multimedia online content, such as videos, photos and infographics.
• Play a lead role in imaginative story-boarding and the production of a podcast series
• Manage a comprehensive and updated media log
• Aid in pitching stories and responding to media inquiries related to NDC Partnership activities on both global and national levels.
• Write and edit material including blog posts, op-eds, e-blasts and other compelling communications that serve to translate technical material for various audiences.
• Support the NDC Partnership’s social media strategy and channels.
5:00pm EDT on 15 May
Whitney Pierson (Mrs.) Operations Managerwhitneypierson@ndcpartnership.org
Top Public Relations News:
Michael Sitrick & APCO Are PR Leaders In The News
2020 Influencer Marketing Trends
Thomson Reuters Sales Training Suite Improves Business Metrics and Culture
White Space PR Tagged by Bentek & SEH French
Broward County Board of Commissioners Issues Ad Agency RFP
Florida College Issues Marketing RFP
Bloomington Illinois Issues Branding RFP
Facebook, The World’s Most Popular (Anti) Social Network
Trachtenberg & Co. Agency Profile
AZAdvances Marketing Campaign RFP Issued