The Southern Nevada Health District has issued an RFP for a government relations firm with experience in providing state level legislative lobbying services to governmental entities in Nevada. Health District is one of the largest local public health organizations in the United States. It serves a population of over 2 million residents, which represents 70 percent of Nevada’s total population. Health District is also charged with safeguarding the public health of the 40 million visitors that come through Las Vegas each year.
Health District is seeking an agency to assist in developing and pursuing its legislative priorities. Assistance will include preparing information for legislators, drafting legislation and amendments, preparing and presenting testimony, and preparing applicable reports and updates.
The chosen agency shall also be tasked with providing the following services:
- Assist the Health District in preparing for Legislative Sessions.
- Represent Health District interests with any legislative standing or interim study committees before with public health matters are raised and report on key developments related to Health District concerns.
- Provide coverage, lobbying, and representation of the District on legislative, regulatory, or political issues occurring during interim Legislative sessions.
- Send updated lists and commentary of introduced bill draft requests and introduced bills that are aligned with Health District’s legislative priorities and/or are of interest, relevant, and/or will have an impact to Health District programs, strategic plan and/or budget.
- Actively communicate and provide real-time updates as needed during the legislative session on information gathered from meetings, hearings and/or discussions of relevance to priority legislation that will impact Health District programs, strategic plan, and/or budget.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of Health District with the Nevada State Legislature at key committee meetings, sub-committee meetings, legislative events and special interest meetings related to legislative activities.
- Assist Health District in interpreting legislation and filing comments as appropriate.
- Review proposed legislation and advise on issues that may impact Health District policies, programs, or success at fulfilling its public health mission, current mandates, or goals.
- Communicate Health District’s positions and policies to appropriate legislators and other key stakeholders.
- Identify key legislators to sponsor bills or champion issues of importance to Health District.
- Produce issue papers, talking points and fact sheets for educating legislative members and stakeholders on key public health issues.
- Identify potential funding opportunities.
- Track legislation pertinent to the health district, provide reports on an agreed upon schedule, including hearings attended, testimony provided, etc.
- Arrange meetings with Nevada Senate and Assembly delegations as appropriate.
- Similarly, arrange meetings with local elected officials and with federal elected officials.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and/or Health District partners on legislative issues to further public health legislative goals and priorities.
Southern Nevada Health District Material Management Supervisor
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, NV 89127
Top Public Relations News:
Who are the Best Australian Public Relations Firms?
Microsoft Scores High with Internet Explorer 9 Beta
Family Foundations Of PR Agency Owners
La Crosse Regional Airport Issues Marketing RFP
Business Finland Needs Public Relations Firm
Should You Pay to Play? Evaluating Facebook’s Latest Changes
Minorities Will Outnumber The Majority by 2040
The Basics of Programmatic Advertising
Visit California Issues Marketing RFP
Crowe PR CEO Anna Crowe Q & A