NOVA SCOTIA LIQUOR CORPORATION SEEKS MARKETING AGENCY
The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (the “NSLC”) seeks a marketing agency.
Welcome to the NSLC, where you’ll find a world of beverage enjoyment, friendly, knowledgeable employees and an unwavering commitment to excellent customer service.
We’re one of Nova Scotia’s largest retailers and our network includes 105 retail stores, 64 agency stores and four private wine & specialty stores. We also serve as a wholesaler to more than 2000 bars and restaurants across the province. We offer a world‐class selection of more than 5000 products from around the globe and we support local producers and help them bring their products to market.
We’re a provincial crown corporation and it’s our mandate to manage the safe and responsible distribution and sale of beverage alcohol. We take that responsibility very seriously and our policies and programs – like our Keep the Good Going Program – help us make sure that’s always the case.
All our profits go back to the province to fund public programs and services. We have a team of more than 1400 employees living and working in or near just about every community in Nova Scotia. We’re a dynamic company that’s always striving to improve.
The Communications, Policy & Public Affairs Business Unit at the NSLC is responsible for:
- Corporate communication strategy & planning (including crisis communications)
- Internal & external communication strategies
- Corporate report production (Annual Report)
- Internal newsletters & publications
- Employee Recognition
- Digital communication – myNSLC.com & Swizzle (the NSLC’s intranet)
- Media relations
- Media monitoring
- Video production & photography
- Meetings & internal events management
The Customer Strategy Business Unit is a separate area bringing marketing, merchandising, customer insights and corporate social responsibility functions into a combined unit responsible for:
- Customer experience strategy
- All marketing & merchandising initiatives
- Promotional Period marketing programs
- In‐store visual standards
- NSLC festivals and events
- Customer facing elements of myNSLC.com
- Occasions Magazine
- Social media initiatives
- Corporate social responsibility
- Community Engagement
Scope of Work:
Marketing, Communication, Advertising & Full‐Service Agencies
The NSLC’s Five‐Year Strategic Plan provides the overall framework and direction for the organization. Annual business plans are then developed with supporting objectives defined for each business unit. The NSLC is seeking full‐service creative agencies capable of developing and managing marketing campaigns, communication campaigns, corporate social responsibility campaigns along with a wide range of communication services that fulfill these business objectives.
- Common required services
- Provide communication consultation and planning, creative development, account management, production management, media planning, media buying and post‐buy analysis of targeted objectives and results
- Provide strategic input to ongoing programs and plans
- Develop in‐store and external campaigns designed to meet program objectives
- Provide strategic counsel around the integration and development of current and potential marketing channels.
- NSLC Marketing and Communication:
NSLC Marketing Services works in defined campaign periods that change to match the specific category, product and business objectives of the NSLC. Excellent knowledge of CRTC regulations pertaining to beverage alcohol and clearance procedures is critical when responding to the external advertising section.
Corporate Social Responsibility Communication:
In addition to the above common required services, successful proponents would be responsible for:
- innovative and creative approach to responsible consumption messages
- recommendation of non‐traditional strategies and delivery channels
- sound knowledge of current sustainability trends and best practices
Creative Direction, Design/Production
In conjunction with the services described in section 2.1, proponents would be responsible for, but not limited to:
Develop creative designs that effectively communicate brand and displays content
Provide all the tools necessary to complete assignments
Have resources on staff, or through a clearly defined subcontractor arrangement, to complete projects according to defined specifications and deadlines
Consistently meet or exceed deadline expectations, often working within short timeframes
Provide proactive consulting and recommendations
Provide creative consulting and recommendations on a range of marketing and communication initiatives.
Graphic production includes
- digital images
- screen printing
- label copy plaques
- vinyl graphics
- photo etched or sandblasted images
- porcelain enamel panels
- fiberglass‐embedded panels, and
- cut‐out graphic images of letters
Services included to manage myNSLC.com and the organizations internal website may include:
- Design & specification document
- Flash animation
- Keyword analysis
- Database driven capabilities
- Content management system
- Search engine optimization
Miscellaneous Print Production
The NSLC produces various brochures, pamphlets, corporate reports, newsletters, scratch and win cards, PIN cards and related printed communication pieces.
Audio/Visual Services & Production
The NSLC occasionally requires audio/visual services and/or production for seminars and internal education videos. Proponents responding to this service requirement would be responsible for, but not limited to, provision and set‐up of audio/visual equipment, recording of content presented at seminars, editing/coordination of previously recorded material for submission/use.
Media Buying – Multi Channel
The NSLC executes a number of marketing, CSR and communication campaigns, including sales advertising and other programming. We require partners that understand the Nova Scotia media market and can offer services across the range of channels from traditional mass to social media marketing. Proponents responding to this service requirement must have experience and be able to execute all aspects of traditional mass media and online marketing, including online advertising, social media and online media buying and measurement.
Services in this space may include:
- Social media strategy and networking
- Email marketing
- Traffic and ranking analysis
- Interactive media
- Search engine optimization
- Mobile app development
Provides writing services for a wide variety of communication products such as but not limited to messages to employees, news releases, research based and feature articles, pamphlets, brochures, materials for websites, fact sheets, reports, publications, guides, abstracts, promotional materials and newsletters. Writing must adhere to the corporate standards.
Types of writing services required include but are not limited to:
- Plain language writing & editing
- Script writing
- Speech writing
Certain projects will require in‐depth beverage alcohol product knowledge. Please indicate qualifications on this component on submissions (i.e. Certified Sommelier)
Other communication and marketing related services.
NOVA SCOTIA LIQUOR CORPORATION
93 CHAIN LAKE DRIVE
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
Strong food and beverage PR agencies include Hunter PR and 5WPR.