Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) plans to substantially expand its marketing and graphic design capacity in 2019, with an emphasis on promoting local energy programs designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. With this request for proposals (RFP), PCE requests information about your company’s experience and qualifications in graphic design and brand management as described in this RFP scope of work.
Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE), a community choice energy (CCE) program, is San Mateo County’s official electricity provider. PCE is a joint powers agency, formed in February 2016, consisting of the County of San Mateo and all twenty of its cities. PCE provides cleaner and greener electricity, at lower rates than the incumbent investor-owned utility (IOU), Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E). PCE plans for and secures commitments from a diverse portfolio of energy generating resources to reliably serve the electric energy requirements of its customers over the near-, mid-, and long-term planning horizons. For more information on PCE, please go to www.peninsulacleanenergy.com.
PCE’s Strategic Goals:
- Design a diverse power portfolio that is greenhouse gas free:
- 100% GHG free by 2021
- Sourced by 100% CARPS eligible renewable energy by 2025
- Create a minimum of 20 MW of new local power by 2025
- Continually strive to offer ECOPlus at rates that are at parity or lower than PG&E rates.
- Stimulate the development of new renewable energy projects and clean-tech innovation in San Mateo County and California through PCE’s procurement activities.
- Demonstrate quantifiable economic benefits to the County/region and place a priority on local hiring and workforce development practices and environmental justice.
- Implement programs to further reduce greenhouse gas emissions by investing in programs such as local clean power production, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, and demand response, and partnering effectively with local business, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
- Maximize and maintain customer participation in PCE.
- Provide a superior customer experience
- Build a financially sustainable organization.
- Foster a work environment that espouses sustainable business practices and cultivates a culture of innovation, diversity, transparency, integrity, and commitment to the organization ’s mission and the communities it serves.
Peninsula Clean Energy’s brand is clear, clean, professional, and upbeat. As a government agency serving all of San Mateo County, our audience is broad and diverse. For Peninsula Clean Energy’s branding and design aesthetic, please review our website at peninsulacleanenergy.com. Examples of recent design products include:
- 2018 Power Content Label: https://www.peninsulacleanenergy.com/wp- content/uploads/2018/09/Packaged-PCL-2-1.pdf
- Why Electric Vehicles are a Better Ride infographic: click on the plus sign at the bottom of the page athttps://www.peninsulacleanenergy.com/electric-vehicles/
- Kids’ pinwheel craft instructions: https://www.peninsulacleanenergy.com/kids-teens/
Scope of Work:
Graphic Design Services
- a) Develop exceptionally professional, clean, and compelling layout and final artwork for print and digital collateral, including displays, flyers, brochures, presentations, reports, social media, mailers, ads, banners, infographics, templates, icons, and other visual formats
- b) Provide flexible capacity to complete multiple design projects simultaneously during busy periods, and ability to rapidly ramp up or down the capacity dedicated to this contract to meet fluctuating client needs. The volume of work may fluctuate between 10 to 80 or more hours per week.
- c) Develop ideas for communicating complex concepts through clean, professional, and compelling visual design
- d) Understand the PCE brand and articulate the brand message through appropriate design solutions
- e) Maintain and update brand guideline documents
- f) Create artistic and creative illustrations for marketing materials to support PCE programs and services as needed
- g) Contribute to planning of specific advertising and communications campaigns as needed
- h) Maintain consistently excellent standards of quality and attention to detail in all drafts and final products
- i) Ability to work at a highly professional level in Adobe Creative Suite
- j) Attend and direct PCE photo shoots as needed
November 28th, 2018
Top Public Relations News:
Weber Shandwick’s Invests Big into Helping Community
Buying a Home with an LLC Avoids Publicity
Austin, Texas Issues Communications RFP
Is Hiring Top Graduates Smart for Digital Marketing Agencies?
Procter & Gamble’s Gambling PR Strategy
3 Tips That Make Anyone Into a Better Leader
LinkedIn Announces Impressive Quarterly Profits, Makes Users Feel Important
Rogers & Cowan: Profile Of A Leading Entertainment PR Firm
Patriots’ Gordon Suspended as Playoff Race Tightens
How Businesses Should Be Using Instagram Video