Using the Request for Proposals (RFP) method of procurement, Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) is soliciting proposals from qualified individuals and firms to redesign the existing website. Administrators from each department within WSA are responsible for maintaining their respective content. Currently, many pieces of the website either out of date or non‐functioning. The current website needs a refresh and lacks a cohesive and intuitive design. A more streamlined and user‐friendly site aimed at providing up‐to‐date information in an accessible format available to people trying to learn more about our programs. The new website will provide a relatively similar level of content and pages presented in a more accessible, client‐based format.
The Alamo Workforce Development, Inc., d/b/a Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) is incorporated as a private, non‐profit organization in the State of Texas and maintains a federal tax exemption status as a 501(c)3 organization. WSA is governed by a 25‐member Board of Directors appointed by the Chief Elected Officials (CEOs) of the AWDA, which consists of the City of San Antonio and the 13 counties of Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Medina, McMullen, and Wilson. The focal point of the local workforce delivery system is a network of one‐stop career centers that provide convenient access to a broad array of programs and services funded by various state and federal sources and administered by the Board. More information regarding these programs and services can be gained by visiting the Board website.
Additional information regarding governing rules, regulations, and laws pertaining to the operations of one‐stop centers and delivery of these services are available from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program for Youth, Adults and Dislocated Workers;
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)/Choices;
- Non‐Custodial Parent Choices (NCP);
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training (SNAP E&T);
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA);
Employment Services (ES), including services of WorkinTexas.com (WIT);
Scope of Work:
WSA is looking for a public website that is user‐friendly and will serve all potential and current clients, partners, and the general public. The website must function as the main portal for anyone seeking information about our programs, policies and functions of WSA. Our current website is located at www.workforcesolutionsalamo.org.
Website Goals and Objectives
Our principal goals for the new website include:
- Educating our client base (prospective applicants and current program participants) by providing tools and elements that easily explain our programs,
- Making important program requirements, forms, policies and other information readily and accessibly available,
- Providing clients an online option for submitting commonly requested information to WSA (can be part of a Participant Portal),
- To be the principal source for marketing WSA’s programs,
- Making the Web content more accessible and accommodating to people with disabilities (physical or cognitive disabilities, including visual impairment, deaf, hard of hearing, blind).
The website accessibility plan should follow the four (4) standard categories under the W3C Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/
- Perceivable ‐ Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive. This means that users must be able to perceive the information being presented (it can’t be invisible to all of their senses)
- Operable ‐ User interface components and navigation must be operable. This means that users must be able to operate the interface (the interface cannot require interaction that a user cannot perform)
- Understandable ‐ Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable. This means that users must be able to understand the information as well as the operation of the user interface (the content or operation cannot be beyond their understanding)
- Robust ‐ Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies. This means that users must be able to access the content as technologies advance (as technologies and user agents evolve, the content should remain accessible)
Content and Technical Requirements
WSA is seeking a seamless migration from our existing platform. Our current website is administered through WordPress and the content can be reused for the new site. WSA will identify and provide the exact content to be reused for cutover migration. The new site will include text, downloadable documents (Microsoft suite and PDF), fillable forms, photos, and video. The website should be searchable, with easy navigation, and include a document library.
WSA would like to see the following technical requirements met under the resulting contract:
- Website maintenance, and a user‐friendly new content management system must be included in the proposal
- The site must be compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- The site must be functional on mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones
- The website design and content management system must allow non‐technical WSA staff to make content changes
- Text should be scalable into larger fonts to accommodate the visually impaired to the greatest extent possible, and
- The site must be able to auto correct for a platform – e.g. desktop, tablet or phone
Website Cutover and Deployment
The successful proposer will be required to provide cutover, deployment and the following functions prior to launch Website Go‐Live:
- Update records and required features and functionality
- Test all functionality, links, pages, and widgets
- Train staff on features, functionality, and basic administrator applications
- Develop, coordinate and implement WSA approved cutover/transition plan
- Identify, quantify and minimized anticipated downtime.
Workforce Solutions Alamo
100 N. Santa Rosa, Suite 120
San Antonio, Texas 78207
RE: Website Redesign
ATTN: Martha Aguilar,
Acting Director of Contracts and Procurement