The Port of San Francisco (“Port” or “Department”) a department of the City and County of San Francisco (“City”) seeks competitive proposals for as-needed public relations, communications, media services, and related professional services. The combined value of these contracts will have a not-to-exceed amount of $900,000.
Services sought include working with the Port’s Communications Director and Communications Division to develop and execute a proactive media relations campaign and comprehensive strategic marketing program for Port projects to target local, regional, national, and worldwide audiences. These services will support the Port in its on-going efforts to effectively and economically develop, utilize, and maintain its varied infrastructure and facility assets.
Public relations and media services projects include:
- Work with the Port in developing an overarching media and communications strategy and provide strategic counsel to the Port to develop key messages, competitive analysis, and a proactive media relations campaign to engage with tenants, investors, stakeholders, influencers, and the general public.
- Monitor news headlines, write and issue press releases, and proactively contact the media to place stories about the Port and port-related topics – utilizing conventional and social media tools including blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Provide established comprehensive media contacts with local, state, and national media – in print, TV, Radio, online/social media – across industries, such as maritime trades and investor relations.
- Develop press materials – press kits, fact sheets, backgrounders, photographs, and video news clips.
- Assist with the coordination of press conferences and/or speaking engagements for Port officials.
- Execute targeted market media campaigns – statewide/nationwide.
- Support the Port in community outreach efforts with information dissemination and provide support in community awareness & perception tracking.
- Prepare and produce a quarterly “digital” publication to inform and educate Port tenants, investors, constituents and the general public about upcoming events, projects, and port- related issues.
- Provide advertising design and development services for the Port’s maritime marketing efforts.
The following are work tasks assumed necessary to fulfill the Port’s public relations, communications, and media service needs:
Major Categories of Work
- Strategic Communication and Public Relations Services
- Develop and maintain an effective and comprehensive external strategic communications plan that supports Port projects, special events, and the Port of San Francisco’s Strategic Plan 2016-2021 and goals.
- Work with the Port in developing an overarching media and communications strategy to develop key messages, competitive analysis, and a proactive media relations campaign to engage with tenants, investors, stakeholders, influencers, and the general public.
- Marketing and Advertisement
- Provide advertising design and development services for the Port’s maritime marketing efforts, and other special events and projects.
- Develop design and copy for print, online, digital and possibly other media formats for advertisements, brochures, banners, social media, digital magazine, programs, events, and more.
- Public Outreach and Engagement Services
- Prepare and produce a quarterly digital magazine publication to inform and educate Port tenants, investors, constituents and the general public about upcoming Port projects, events and port-related issues.
- Support the Port in community outreach efforts with information dissemination and provide support in community awareness and perception tracking.
- Photography/Video/Recording Services
- Produce promotional and educational videos and still photography libraries for Port projects, events, and achievements.
- Graphic Design Services
- Design and develop info-graphics that convey complex technical information in simplified concepts oriented to educating the general public about conditions, needs and solutions for the Port of San Francisco.
- Innovative Engagement Services
- Create and develop an informational, interactive, intuitive, easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing website.
Minor Categories of Work
- Research and Public Engagement Services
- Design and administer surveys using different formats, including online, phone, intercept, and in-person interviews.
- Innovative Engagement Services
- Assist in development and implementation of digital communications to support web pages, emails, blogs, the Ports digital magazine and social media.
- Other Services
- Educational program and curriculum development services.
- Translation and interpretive services and American Disabilities Act accessibility standard services.
- Specialized and miscellaneous communications services.
Proposal due by April 10, 2017 to:
Port of San Francisco Pier 1 The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111
Top Public Relations News:
MARKETING RFP ISSUED BY CITY OF GARLAND
Study Shows Significant Distortion of PR Messages by Mainstream Media and Bloggers
The Global Mobile Marketing Dominance
News From Finn Partners, Prosek PR, MWW PR and Padilla PR
Edelman Appoints Stephanie Smirnov – Consumer Marketing Chief, NY
Transportation Authority Issues Media Relations RFP
Rhode Island Commerce Seeking Marketing Firm
OnlyFans Marketing Tips and Marketing Content on OnlyFans
Samsung Producing TV to Offer Glasses-Free 3D