The Port of San Francisco (“Port” or “Department”) a department of the City and County of San Francisco (“City”) seeks competitive proposals for as-needed public relations, communications, media services, and related professional services. The combined value of these contracts will have a not-to-exceed amount of $900,000.
Services sought include working with the Port’s Communications Director and Communications Division to develop and execute a proactive media relations campaign and comprehensive strategic marketing program for Port projects to target local, regional, national, and worldwide audiences. These services will support the Port in its on-going efforts to effectively and economically develop, utilize, and maintain its varied infrastructure and facility assets.
Public relations and media services projects include:
- Work with the Port in developing an overarching media and communications strategy and provide strategic counsel to the Port to develop key messages, competitive analysis, and a proactive media relations campaign to engage with tenants, investors, stakeholders, influencers, and the general public.
- Monitor news headlines, write and issue press releases, and proactively contact the media to place stories about the Port and port-related topics – utilizing conventional and social media tools including blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Provide established comprehensive media contacts with local, state, and national media – in print, TV, Radio, online/social media – across industries, such as maritime trades and investor relations.
- Develop press materials – press kits, fact sheets, backgrounders, photographs, and video news clips.
- Assist with the coordination of press conferences and/or speaking engagements for Port officials.
- Execute targeted market media campaigns – statewide/nationwide.
- Support the Port in community outreach efforts with information dissemination and provide support in community awareness & perception tracking.
- Prepare and produce a quarterly “digital” publication to inform and educate Port tenants, investors, constituents and the general public about upcoming events, projects, and port- related issues.
- Provide advertising design and development services for the Port’s maritime marketing efforts.
The following are work tasks assumed necessary to fulfill the Port’s public relations, communications, and media service needs:
Major Categories of Work
- Strategic Communication and Public Relations Services
- Develop and maintain an effective and comprehensive external strategic communications plan that supports Port projects, special events, and the Port of San Francisco’s Strategic Plan 2016-2021 and goals.
- Work with the Port in developing an overarching media and communications strategy to develop key messages, competitive analysis, and a proactive media relations campaign to engage with tenants, investors, stakeholders, influencers, and the general public.
- Marketing and Advertisement
- Provide advertising design and development services for the Port’s maritime marketing efforts, and other special events and projects.
- Develop design and copy for print, online, digital and possibly other media formats for advertisements, brochures, banners, social media, digital magazine, programs, events, and more.
- Public Outreach and Engagement Services
- Prepare and produce a quarterly digital magazine publication to inform and educate Port tenants, investors, constituents and the general public about upcoming Port projects, events and port-related issues.
- Support the Port in community outreach efforts with information dissemination and provide support in community awareness and perception tracking.
- Photography/Video/Recording Services
- Produce promotional and educational videos and still photography libraries for Port projects, events, and achievements.
- Graphic Design Services
- Design and develop info-graphics that convey complex technical information in simplified concepts oriented to educating the general public about conditions, needs and solutions for the Port of San Francisco.
- Innovative Engagement Services
- Create and develop an informational, interactive, intuitive, easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing website.
Minor Categories of Work
- Research and Public Engagement Services
- Design and administer surveys using different formats, including online, phone, intercept, and in-person interviews.
- Innovative Engagement Services
- Assist in development and implementation of digital communications to support web pages, emails, blogs, the Ports digital magazine and social media.
- Other Services
- Educational program and curriculum development services.
- Translation and interpretive services and American Disabilities Act accessibility standard services.
- Specialized and miscellaneous communications services.
Proposal due by April 10, 2017 to:
Port of San Francisco Pier 1 The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94111
Top Public Relations News:
Communications and Creative Services for University of Colorado Denver
How to Stay Organized as a CEO
Will British Columbia PR Seek Shift Communications?
Holiday Express Joins Articulon for Christmas Carnival
How to Get It Done Without Losing Your Mind
Job Training & Employment Corporation, Inc. Issues Social Media RFP
The Right Way to Break into Beauty PR
Media Buying RFP Issued In Maryland
George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones & Mastering Cross-Promotion
Hurom College Issues Website RFP