Public Relations RFP Issued By El Paso, Texas
It is the intention of the City of El Paso to enter into a contract with an agency to provide communication, marketing and branding services.
The City of El Paso is the largest metro area on the U.S.-Mexico border. It located on the furthest western tip of Texas where New Mexico and the Mexican state of Chihuahua meet. It boasts a municipal population of more than 680,000 making it the 6th largest city in Texas and the 19th largest city in the United States. To sustain economic growth and enhance the quality of place, the City of El Paso is guided by a Strategic Plan adopted by its City Council. The plan outlines the organization’s mission, vision and strategic actions needed to achieve the plan’s goals. The City’s vision is that “El Paso will have safe and beautiful neighborhoods, a vibrant regional economy and exceptional recreational, cultural and educational opportunities.” To support its vision and mission, the City of El Paso is investing millions of dollars into its street infrastructure, airport, public transit, public safety, parks, aquatics programming, libraries, museums and the El Paso Zoo.
On the economic front, El Paso boasts a best-in-class, business friendly operating environment while also offering a great living experience. Our region represents one of the largest manufacturing centers in North America and is recognized as globally competitive. This is largely due to El Paso’s unique quality of possessing the largest bilingual and bi-cultural workforce in the Western Hemisphere. The El Paso is a top 20 percent U.S. performing economy and continues to experience positive economic growth by attracting new businesses and helping existing companies to grow. The City’s focus on creating an environment conducive to strong sustainable economic development centers on creating new employment opportunities in 21st century industries, maintaining a great quality of place, and facilitating business growth at the local and international levels.
Investment in public transit is essential to a community’s economic vitality. El Paso recognizes the connection between sustainable economic development and public transit and is committed a more accessible, attractive, and viable public transit system. Currently, the City through Sun Metro provides fixed route, paratransit and other specialized transportation services through its various facilities including eight transit centers strategically located throughout the community. To make the City a more transit and pedestrian-friendly community and improving multimodal accessibility within its major travel corridors, Sun Metro is expanding its Brio rapid transit system to three major corridors – Montana, Alameda and Dyer. It is currently offered on one major corridor, Mesa. The Brio system aims to provide high quality transit service that provides similar benefits to rail transit, such as improved speed and reliability, but at a much lower implementation cost.
Scope of Work:
I. ORDERING OF SERVICES BY TASK ORDER
A. It is the intention of the City of El Paso (COEP) enter into an Indefinite Quantity & Indefinite Delivery requirements contract with multiple qualified firms to provide communications, marketing and branding services to COEP. All work will need to commence on an as needed basis immediately following the execution of the Contract. All of the communications, marketing and branding shall be furnished to COEP under the Contract via the issuance of task orders.
B. The task orders will identify scopes of work, schedules, and estimated or fixed costs for the Services. The successful firm will provide communications/marketing/branding experience in the following areas:
• Community relations
• External communication strategies
• Advertising services
• Graphic design
• Web development
• Video production
• Photography services
• App development
• Strategic consultation
A. Community relations
• Provide comprehensive and creative community relations programming services to include strategies to support City of El Paso’s operations and goals and increase visibility of the organization. Strategies and programming must enhance and sustain positive relationships with COEP customers.
B. External communication strategies
• Develop and implement external communication strategies to support COEP’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
• Consult with and advise COEP with repositioning external communications strategies as COEP continues to improve, refine and reposition its operations.
• Perform original writing in English and/Spanish and participate in editing and proofreading, including without limitation, reports, talking points, and other external communication pieces.
• Develop materials in English and/or Spanish for COEP staff or Contractor to use for presentations provided to various governmental bodies, government officials, the general public, schools, private sector businesses and organizations, trade organizations and not-for- profit and philanthropic organizations.
• Develop key messages and identify target audience and best method (i.e. print, broadcast, digital, etc.) for delivery of the messages.
C. Advertising services
• Provide comprehensive advertising services and strategies to promote COEP services to include but not limited to Streetcar, Brio, Quality of Life Bond projects, Community Development Block Grant projects, Streets, Airport, International Bridges, and Neighborhood Improvement Program projects.
• Advertising strategies must include direct and indirect marketing take into consideration the target audience.
• Provide comprehensive services and strategies for negotiating, purchasing and placing advertising in all mediums to include but not limited to television, radio, newspaper, magazines, outdoor, web/digital.
• Advertising services must include tracking and reporting to monitor efficiency.
• Development and implementation of a marketing plan to include strategies to market COEP services to include but not limited to Streetcar, Brio, Quality of Life Bond projects, Community Development Block Grant projects, Streets, Airport, International Bridges, and Neighborhood Improvement Program projects.
• Marketing services must include the development and production of graphic design, videos, original writing and print material for all forms of media – print, digital, electronic, broadcast and outdoor.
• Provide marketing services that develop and produce of all marketing materials in both English and Spanish.
• Marketing services and strategies must enhance and sustain the visibility of the COEP.
• Development and implementation of branding strategy and campaign for the COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar system, Quality of Life Bond projects.
• Identify naming rights opportunities for the COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar system and Quality of Life Bond project. Naming right opportunities must include a list of prospects for naming rights.
• Development and implementation of naming rights partners and sponsorships for COEP Services to include but not limited to the Streetcar system and Quality of Life Bond projects.
• Development and implementation of branding campaign must include logo, color scheme, tagline for COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar system and Quality of Life Bond projects.
• Development of presentation of the brand name and identity of the Streetcar system to the COEP executive management, El Paso City Council and the Mass Transit Board (which consist of the same members)
• Development and production of original copy, copywriting and editing (this will include Spanish) for print, electronic, video, digital, social media and broadcast materials to market COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar system and Quality of Life Bond projects. Services for the Streetcar include but are not limited to how to ride the Streetcar, how to use the fare box, rules for riding, discounts, and FAQs
• Development of web-based graphics and content showcasing COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar and Quality of Life Bond projects. Web-based graphics and content for Streetcar will be displayed on Sun Metro’s Web site working in collaboration with Sun Metro’s Graphic and Website designers
• Branding services must include photography services to include specific shots of COEP Services to include but not limited to the Streetcar and Quality of Life Bond projects to build a portfolio of photos for marketing and advertising purposes
• Development and production of marketing/promotional/advertising materials to market CEOP service to include but not limited to the Streetcar and Quality of Life Bond projects to businesses and residents directly impacted by the street car route or quality of life bond project and for the purposes of economic development
• Development of information for downtown wayfinding kiosks for COEP services to include but not limited to the Streetcar and Quality of Life Bond projects.
F. Graphic design
• Graphic design services must include copywriting and original graphic design and copy.
• Development, production and implementation of graphic design for all media – print, broadcast, digital, electronic and outdoor.
• Graphic design should include animation.
G. Web development
• Web development must include full-service website creation in collaboration with COEP IT staff to include webpage layout, content production, photography and graphic design.
• Web development must include copywriting and translation services to allow sites to be developed and produced in both English and Spanish.
• Web development must include copywriting and original graphic design, animation, videos, photographs and copy/content.
H. Video production
• Video production services must include the development of original scripts developed and produced in both English and Spanish.
• Video production services must include pre-production, live production and post-production services.
• Video production must include a planning strategies to identify message, script and special effects and format of video.
• Video production services must include the use of models/individuals for videos.
• Video production services must include graphics and animation.
I. Photography services
• Photography services must include the still photography, motion photography, aerial photography and fluorescent photography.
• Photography for marketing and branding must identify individuals to be photographed as part of the campaign or project.
• Photography services must include the use of models/individuals for photographs.
• Photography services must include a planning strategies to identify message, background setting for photo and individuals and/or models to be photographed.
J. App development
• App development services must include planning and strategies to develop and maintain running application programs for the COEP
• App development services must include copywriting and content for app to include but not limited to copy, graphics, icons, videos, animation and photographs.
• App development must include the creation of a prototype and testing phases to polish the app before it is unveiled.
• App development must include translations to develop, produce and maintain the app in both English and Spanish.
• App development must include the development, production, maintenance and distribution of the app for use both all smart devices to include but not limited to Apple and Android phones, tablets and other devices.
K. Strategic consultation
• Identify best practices and industry standards for communications, marketing and branding services
• Advise and consult with COEP on best practices and industry standards for communications, marketing and branding services.
• Identify and develop communication, marketing and branding strategies for COEP services to enhance and sustain positive visibility of the organization.
PURCHASING & STRATEGIC SOURCING DEPARTMENT
300 N. CAMPBELL, 1ST FLOOR
EL PASO, TX 79901-1153
Agencies with experience in similar areas include Cohn & Wolfe and Hunter PR.