The Santa Clara County Library District is an open forum promoting knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment. The library provides free access to informational, educational, and recreational materials and services. In response to community needs, the library provides diverse resources on a wide variety of subjects and viewpoints and helps people use these resources.
The Library presently has eight community libraries serving the population of 473,011 people in the cities of Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill and Saratoga. A bookmobile serves the population in less accessible areas and many of the unincorporated areas of the County. More than 208,346 Santa Clara County residents have a library card. A total of 10 million items circulate each year from a collection of nearly 2 million, with a visitor count surpassing 3.4 million. More information about the library may be found on our website www.sccl.org.
The Library website has approximately 1,000 pages of content. On a monthly average there are nearly 370,000 webpage visits, 500,000 searches for materials in our online catalog, and over 77,000 searches in our subscription databases.
The Library engaged with Civic Technologies to produce a District Planning Profile in order to support the planning of services, events, and to enable target marketing to be developed to encourage district residents to become new library card holders. This Request for Proposal (RFP) is requesting proposals from vendors (qualified firms or independent consultants) to utilize this very current data to maximize the marketing effectiveness during the next several months. The Library is requesting a targeted marketing program design and services to build our customer base.
Scope of Services:
- CURRENT LIBRARY VISION
The Library’s Vision is that all district residents benefit from and value the Library. Our measure is that 85% of district residents have active library cards. Why? Our libraries transform lives by enabling life-long learning & community engagement.
- EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS AGREEMENT
The Library expects the consultant or firm awarded this Agreement to review our District Planning Profile and other internal statistical reports in order to provide a marketing plan that will increase the number of library card holders in the district.
This may include the following tasks:
- Utilize the District Planning Profile and statistical data collected by the Library
- Understand the variety of electronic resources available to library card holders and how to best convey the value these services could provide to non card holders
- Provide planning and implementation of a campaign(s) to market our digital services to drive new users to get a library card
- Provide marketing strategies to gain new library users in targeted segments
- Identify appropriate communications channels, and how to promote visibility
- Develop cost-effective and innovative marketing and communications tactics and campaigns and budgets to reach specific target audiences and to meet specific program objectives
- Identify opportunities for marketing partnerships and collaborative campaigns
- Provide creative input and design consultation and assistance to the Library in connection with the production of advertising for on-line, television, radio, print, direct mail, outdoor and other media; for advertising deliverables suitable for specific channels and audiences; and other informational materials
- Provide marketing and communications services, including: conceptual and creative development, copywriting, social media planning and implementation, illustration, photography, art direction, mobile marketing, and media planning and buying services
- Plan and prepare presentations and collateral material (templates?) for specific audiences
- Plan and prepare PSA’s promoting our story
- Provide marketing and communications support for Library special events as necessary
- Identify ideal outreach and give-away items\
Proposal due by November 4th to:
Santa Clara County Library District Services and Support Center
1370 Dell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
Top Public Relations News:
Crowdsourcing, the Power Tactic of Corporate Social Responsibility
PR and Pot: What can Public Relations do for the Green Rush?
Bolt Public Relations Tapped as Agency Of Record
UNDP Bangladesh Country Office Seeking PR Agency
Who are the Top Seattle PR Firms
Of Washington Free Beacon, a Russian Dossier, and Guo Wengui
Marketing and Public Relations Strategies of Fedex, UPS and DHL
Virginia Department of Health Seeks Digital Agency
City of Los Angeles Issues Anti-Tobacco Media & Outreach RFP
RFBinder PR Agency Profile