The County of Santa Cruz, Human Services Department (HSD) Family and Children’s Services Division (FCS) is seeking a social media agency to develop, implement and evaluate an evidence-based or informed, replicable resource family recruitment campaign.
FCS provides services to children who have been abused or neglected, or who are at risk of abuse or neglect. The services focus on child safety, child and family well-being, and permanent homes for children. The first priority of FCS is to keep children safely in their homes with their parents. If that is not possible, children are placed in foster or relative caregiver homes (called resource families) until their families can care for them again, or they are placed for adoption.
This recruitment effort is being undertaken as part of Santa Cruz County’s implementation of Continuum of Care Reform (CCR), a comprehensive effort to improve California’s child welfare and probation systems. In particular, CCR seeks to better assess and meet children’s needs for services and support, and to increase the number of youth in foster care or on probation who are predominantly cared for in family-based, rather than more restrictive congregate care, settings during their time in out-of-home care. FCS and the Probation Department, therefore, are looking to increase their ongoing supply of non-relative resource families.
HSD has developed a theory of change that articulates the issue, sets the context in reaching and recruiting the resource families needed, and details how an evidence-based, replicable social marketing campaign may help HSD to achieve desired short-, medium, and long-term outcomes.
This RFP is designed to seek providers that have the necessary expertise to offer a high-quality, culturally proficient, evidence-based social marketing campaign.
Scope of work
The scope of services will contain two phases and these are described below.
- Phase One has two components:
- Phase 1 – Refinement of Design and Development of Implementation Planincluding:
- Collection and review of data on target audiences to finalize proposed target audiences
- Advise FCS on locating target audience(s) in Santa Cruz County
- Refinement of potential social marketing community partners and how they can best be reached
- Develop understanding of desired brand
- Development of strategic recruitment and support messaging, including pilot testing with sample target audience
- Identification of communication products to support the campaign
- Development of social marketing campaign activities
- Refinement of capacity building strategy for FCS staff
Resource Family Support Research collect, analyze and report on the support resource families need to:
- Feel appreciated and good about their contribution;
- Maintain a stable placement for the child/youth in their care;
- Support the birth family toward reunification; and/or
- Be able and willing to make a permanent, legal connection with the child/youth in their care.
Implementation and Evaluation of Campaign
The consultant will manage the implementation and evaluation of the campaign, while simultaneously building the social marketing capacity of existing County FCS staff.
Proposal due by November 17 to:
County of Santa Cruz,
Human Services Department Centralized Contracts Unit
1000 Emeline Avenue
Santa Cruz, California 95060
Top Public Relations News:
Catching Up on Carnival PR, Hedge Fund PR & Rubenstein
Communications and PR Services Needed for UNDP Malaysia
Most SMBs Fail to Promote Social Profiles on Their Websites
Scarborough positioning himself as a prime voice of reason in media
Market Research RFP Issued by Canada
Omnicom Group: PR Firms of Omnicom – Ketchum PR, Fleishman & Porter Novelli and More
Earning Respect in the Workplace
LOBBYING RFP ISSUED BY INDIANAPOLIS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION CORPORATION
Tsimhoni Vs. Tsimhoni: Full Court Documents In The Tale Of The Jailed Michigan Kids
Travel Alberta Seeks Marketing Agency Partnership