AAP seeks an agency to identify and connect with social media influencers who have reach to families of varying socio-economic status, ethnicity, and race with messages about the importance and benefits of childhood and adolescent immunizations. During the pandemic, immunization rates for many routine childhood immunizations have dropped as families have delayed health care. While a COVID-19 vaccine may not be available for many children until later in 2021, AAP is advocating for families to ensure their children are up-to-date on other vaccines to prevent serious illnesses. The influencer marketing agency will support this work through the identification and engagement of those influencers and execution of a social media campaign and associated evaluation.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a professional membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Founded in 1930, the AAP advocates for the health and wellbeing of all children and works with government, communities and other national organizations to shape many child health and safety issues. The AAP provides professional education and resources to member pediatricians, and provides patient education and public information campaigns.
Scope of Work:
AAP seeks an agency to identify and engage social media influencers around the issue of childhood immunizations. The agency will:
• Identify four to five influencers to generate awareness of, educate, and empower parents around the importance of routine childhood and adolescent immunizations.
• Schedule and attend a 1.5 hour webinar with AAP staff and the identified influencers for the influencers to receive education around the importance of immunizations and best practices on immunization messaging
• Develop and implement a campaign with social media influencers with content guidance from the AAP including strategy and evaluation. Posts and messages should retain the influencers’ unique voices and promote the expertise and resources provided by the AAP.
o At a minimum, each influencer will publish one blog post and/or at least 4-5 social media posts (on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and/or Pinterest). Content will include a call to action to visit a specified website. A draft copy of the content will need to be approved by the AAP prior to publication.
• Track all coverage and provide periodic email updates to AAP, along with a comprehensive end-of-campaign report that will include earned media value, associated return on investment, campaign statistics, and coverage highlights.
• Participate on conference calls with AAP staff, as needed
Identify, engage, and work with four to five social media influencers on a social media campaign in collaboration with the AAP. – March 15, 2021 to June 15, 2021
• Provide a comprehensive end-of-campaign report – June 30, 2021
• Demonstrate access to a wide range of social media influencers, including influencers of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to reimburse influencers for their participation in the social media campaign
• Demonstrate experience in social media campaign execution and evaluation, preferably in the public and/or nonprofit sectors
• Strong history of collaborative partnerships with clients in the public and/or nonprofit sectors
• Ability to provide names, phone numbers, and email addresses of individuals at two organizations who have been your clients during the last eighteen months who we can contact as references
Based on the scope of work, provide a proposal that includes the following:
• Overview of how you plan to approach and implement this project.
• Summary of qualifications to the perform scope of work involved in the project.
• Two contact references: names, phone numbers, and email addresses of individuals at two different organizations who have been your clients during the last eighteen months.
• A budget estimate of anticipated costs associated with completion of the project
March 1, 2021
American Academy of Pediatrics 345 Park Boulevard, Itasca, Illinois, 60143 (630) 626-6000 www.aap.org
Top Public Relations News:
Major Arkansas County Wants Rebranding Assistance
PR Firm Sought For The Los Angeles Community College District
California Complete Count – Census 2020 Media Services RFP
Legendary Pictures Buys Its Very Own FIVE33 Marketing
BlueGlass Interactive Acquires UK’s Quaturo
What makes a good marketing manager?
Ellen Offers Public Apology Amid Investigation
San Juan County New Mexico Issues Marketing RFP
Williamsburg Tourism Council (WTC)/Visit Williamsburg Issues Advertising RFP
Weber Shandwick: Say What You Mean Damnit!