The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) has issued a marketing RFP for their many programs that need marketing and media attention throughout the year. The selected firm will be responsible for developing a plan and overseeing execution of the plan for key programs and products such as: the launch of a new continuing medical education (CME) course for physicians; annual awareness campaigns; academic journal; tech initiatives; website properties; and research initiatives.NSF invites proposals from interested marketing firms that can be available for marketing and communications work on an as-needed basis and that have experience: designing and executing marketing and communications plans; creating pieces for distribution; overseeing creative; securing distribution lists; and ensuring consistency with organizational mission and brand.
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public. For more information, visit sleepfoundation.org, sleep.org, or sleephealthjournal.org. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Scope of Work:
The Firm will develop and execute project-based marketing and communications campaigns upon requests from NSF. Examples may include: building greater awareness of NSF and the importance of sleep through annual awareness campaigns such as Drowsy Driving Prevention Week® and Sleep Awareness Week®; implementing a member and subscriber communications & retention plan to grow NSF membership and journal subscribers; and marketing online CME courses to primary care physicians to drive course registrations. NSF estimates that the selected Firm will be asked to design and put in place a promotional plan for one (1) program per month.
Specifically, the Scope of Work will include:
- Serve as NSF’s expert advisor for the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies for its programs and products
- Ensure all tactics are on brand, on budget, and completed according to agreed-upon timeline
- Develop and execute creative marketing strategies and plans for NSF education, research, technology, and advocacy activities
- Promote products, awareness campaigns, and educational courses including branding, creation of marketing pieces (print/online), list rental, and dissemination
- Use a marketing mix spanning digital, PR, targeted offline communications, advertisements, and more
- Provide graphic design and content development for digital, print, and collateral material, as requested
- Develop and execute creative communications and media strategies to supplement marketing strategies
- Communications to advance marketing plans; occasionally will include developing press releases and associated outreach materials
- Respond to specific, high priority media requests
- Coordinate, schedule and confirm speaking engagements with spokespersons.
- NSF estimates that the selected Firm will be asked to book two (2) media spots per month for spokespersons including NSF Chairman, NSF Fellows, and/or NSF Board members
Digital / Social
- Occasionally will be asked to explore digital and/or social activations and content
August 11, 2017