Texas Seeking Tourism PR Firm
The Office of the Governor of Texas, Economic Development and Tourism Office seeks written proposals from travel PR firms. Respondents are invited to submit written proposals for a comprehensive and strategic tourism travel marketing and public campaign that fully integrates consumer, media and Travel Trade, activities in the primary Target Market of China and demonstrates the ability to provide promotional and marketing services on an as-needed basis in the secondary Target Markets. The campaign shall create a responsible, accurate, and positive image of Texas, while effectively marketing and promoting the State of Texas as a premier travel destination in the primary and secondary Target Markets, as designated by OOG. The Successful Respondent will be expected to implement, oversee, and measure all activities within the primary and secondary Target Markets.
As the state’s lead tourism marketing entity, it is the mission of the Travel Texas program to enhance and extend local economic development efforts by marketing Texas as a premier travel destination in out-of-state domestic and international markets to generate non-Texan travel to the state, thereby creating revenue and jobs.
The Economic Development and Tourism Division (EDT) of the Governor’s Office markets Texas as one of the world’s premier business locations and travel destinations. The division pursues business expansion and relocation prospects, with the goal of developing job creation and export opportunities for Texas. EDT coordinates the promotion of Texas tourism for the state. TravelTexas.com provides an in-depth guide for visitors, both U.S. and international seeking to visit the Lone Star State.
Scope of Work:
The Contractor’s marketing and public relations service requirements shall include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
Any Contractor selected for award as a result of this RFP shall:
- Create and increase awareness of Texas as a leisure travel destination;
- Promote Texas as an experiential, diverse and energetic leisure travel destination;
- Help increase international visitor arrivals to Texas;
- Generate maximum positive press coverage in Target Markets;
- Manage all Travel Texas social media and marketing efforts in this market as directed;
- Create and conduct high profile consumer, media, and Travel Trade promotions;
- Promote and market Texas as a premier travel destination to generate qualified Travel Trade and media leads for Texas travel industry partners, generate Texas travel packages, and ultimately travel to Texas;
- Create effective cooperative marketing programs that provide for maximum partner participation; and
- Generate measurable results from marketing and public relations efforts including: Advertising Equivalency Value of positive media coverage generated, exposure of the Texas travel product to targeted consumers, and tour product development.
Contractor shall propose target measures to use in evaluating work in reaching the goals. Measures, which include, but are not limited to:
- Dollar value in advertising equivalency of positive media generated by the Contractor;
- Number of Consumers reached through promotional activities generated by the Contractor;
- Number of Texas Travel packages generated, as appropriate per market, by the Contractor; and
- Measurement of awareness, impressions, engagement and reach of Social Media efforts.
The Contractor shall be responsible for coordinating the production of presentation, promotional and, collateral materials, including: press releases, collateral, print and digital invitations, photographs, mats, filming, editing, equipment rentals, display materials, brochures, as required to meet the contract performance requirements.
Marketing and Public Relations Initiatives
To meet OOG’s tourism mission and to fulfill the Marketing and Public Relations Service Requirements, OOG is seeking an agency that is capable of providing the following services needed to provide tourism public relations:
- Consumer Promotions. Conduct aggressive and attractive consumer promotions to maximize awareness of the Texas travel product by reaching a mass audience through a variety of media, trade outlets, or consumer direct tactics.
- Content calendar. Develop and maintain a year-long market specific editorial calendar.
- Promotions. Ensure promotions and activations initiatives that carry 000 brandings meet all established guidelines.
- Media Relations – Conduct media relations activities with key consumer and Travel Trade media in Target Markets to generate media placements of key messages that result in maximum positive publicity of Texas as a premier travel destination.
-Concentrate media relations activities during key travel planning seasons in Target Markets that provide the greatest potential to enhance the effectiveness and extend the reach ofOOG’s planned advertising activities. Media relations activities may include, but are not limited to: translation, when appropriate; proactive media contacts; press releases; feature briefs; respond to and fulfill leads; production, storage and fulfillment of collateral and promotional materials; press kits; press conferences; video; b-roll tapes; presentations; brochures; promotional items; newsletters; mat releases; photographs; editorials; translation of materials; editorial visits; interviews; media missions; FAM tours; product launches; promotions; events; clipping services; rental of venues; schedule media appointments at trade shows; coordinate media receptions and special events.
-Develop and execute proactive pitches to media audience about leisure travel and promotional activities in Texas. Create innovative ideals for unique partnerships to leverage resources.
-Leverage in-market contacts and resources to explore new promotional partnerships to extend the Texas brand in China.
-Develop and regularly update an editorial calendar that supports OOG’s planned advertising and marketing activities, key tourism seasons, prominent destinations and activities, regional and historical attractions, niche markets, and new tourism products.
– Promote Travel Texas with the assistance of key Travel Trade industry representatives by providing strategic oversight, planning and execution of all Travel Trade relations activities and marketing initiatives to the most effective traditional and online Travel Trade businesses in each market to contribute to the development of the Texas tour product.
-Travel Trade activities may include, but are not necessarily limited to: translation, when appropriate, proactive trade contacts to market the Texas travel product; respond to and fulfill leads; production, storage, and fulfillment of collateral and promotional materials; presentations; brochures; promotional items; newsletters; photographs; slides; FAM tours; sales missions; trade shows; educational seminars; product launches; promotions; events; coordination with co-operative trade programs with select travel partners; and working with OOG partners /vendors as needed and directed by OOG staff.
–The Contractor shall work in coordination with the OOG to develop and implement social media content and programs. The Contractor shall provide ongoing creative development and management for various Travel Texas social media sites that most effectively target potential travel consumers in Target Markets as agreed to by 000.
-Conduct social media content that targets key consumer and Travel Trade media in Target Markets to generate media placements of key messages that result in maximum positive publicity of Texas as a premier travel destination.
-Translate and provide localization of in-market social media channels or content on any other relevant social media channels.
-Concentrate social media activities with attention to key travel planning seasons in Target Markets that provide the greatest potential to enhance the effectiveness and extend the reach of OOG’s planned advertising activities.
July 24th, 2018
Office of the Governor Financial Services Division
Attention: Spencer Cummings
P.O. Box 12878
Austin , TX 78711-2878
5WPR and Coyne PR are strong travel PR firms.