The objective of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to retain the services of a qualified vendor to develop the Texas Veterans Commission brand and promote agency services via online and social media advertising. The result of these efforts will benefit Texas veterans and their families, including the Texas economy.
The Awarded Vendor will plan, develop, execute, track and report results for the Texas Veterans Commission’s outreach campaign.
The outreach campaign must support the objectives of the
TVC in Sections 1.1 and 1.2 of this RFP using online and social media by:
Developing strategies to reach the identified population of
veterans in Texas (see Section 2.1 of this RFP).
Providing information and increasing awareness of the services and
benefits available to Texas veterans, their families and survivors.
Encouraging participation by Texas veterans, their families and
survivors to access the benefits available to them.
Developing the Texas Veterans Commission brand.
The Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) was created in 1927 as the State Service Office to assist veterans of the Indian wars, Spanish-American War and World War I. Our purpose has always been to act as the state-appointed advocate of Texas veterans as they attempt to secure the benefits rightfully earned in exchange for their service in our nation’s armed forces.
TVC’s mission is to advocate for and provide superior
service to veterans that will significantly improve the quality of life for all
Texas veterans, their families, and survivors. The agency provides services
through 8 programs.
Effective September 15, 2017, TVC was granted newfound authority by the 85th Texas Legislature to conduct outreach campaigns to provide information relating to and increase awareness of benefits and services available to veterans. This authority is granted in Texas Government Code, Section 434.024 which states:
Scope of Work:
Awarded Vendor will plan, develop, execute, track and report results for the Texas Veterans Commission’s outreach campaign. Proposers are encouraged to make suggestions and provide ideas on how TVC and Awarded Vendor can best achieve the objectives of TVC’s outreach campaign.
Marketing and Advertising
Planning: Develop recommendations for a Marketing and Advertising Plan that
supports the objectives set forth by TVC in Sections 1.1 and 1.2 of this RFP.
Recommendations may include strategic direction, creative strategy, brand
development and stewardship, media plan and cooperative plan.
· Media Buy: Buy and execute the media plan presented in the Marketing and Advertising Plan and approved by TVC. Execution includes placement, optimization, cancellations, and auditing. The Awarded Vendor will sign all advertisement agreements/insertion orders, handle billing and payment. Awarded Vendor must maintain records of its contracts, invoices and other relevant documentation of its agreements with all subcontractors or third-party vendors. Awarded Vendor shall include such backup documentation with its invoices, along with all other supporting or backup documentation as requested by TVC.
Concept Development/Production: Concept
creative online materials/campaign elements as described in the Marketing and
Advertising Plan. Once approved, produce and bring to final form the approved
advertising materials to run on behalf of TVC.
Proposers must submit evidence of its organization’s
capability to meet the Scope of Work deliverables by describing strategies to
be used and quality controls. Responses should demonstrate Proposers’ knowledge
and understanding of branding and the shifting dynamics of how consumers
receive and use information today. The following should be addressed in
1. Strategic Planning: Provide
an inside look at how the scope of work will be executed.
2. Advertising Campaign and
Development: Discuss how your company develops a holistic approach to
advertising, integrating interactive and social, into the overall strategy.
Discuss how your media planning has evolved based on how consumer’s use
3. Production/Creative Services: Describe
how your company manages the creative process and production.
4. Media Planning and Buying: Describe
your process in deciding where, when and how to purchase media. Provide details
including: What analytics do you use? What is your philosophy as it relates to
planning and buying media? Are there any strategies and promotional
partnerships you can suggest to extend a client’s budget and exposure;
specifically, for online media such as social media and Google Ads?
5. Social Media Presence: TVC
currently manages its social presence in-house. The Awarded Vendor is expected
to provide the overarching social strategy and guidance on implementation.
6. Research and Analytics: Provide an overview of how you determine success. What are the analytical tools or services that you use and what type of information you plan to report back to the Texas Veterans Commission, and frequency of reporting? How do your analytics influence future decision making?