Tips on effective blogging
Blogging can act as the cornerstone of a social media marketing strategy. This is a relatively stable hub for sharing detailed and important information with an audience. It is an effective way to amplify a brand’s voice and core values, and to build authority within a business niche. The more blog posts get shared, the better a site will rank in search engines. Given below are some ways with the help of which blogs can successfully captivate an audience.
1) Include social sharing – Every blog should include social sharing widgets so that users can easily share its content with social networks. Social sharing options together with a call to action encourage people to hit ‘like’ or ‘share’. Another way to motivate readers is to not reveal the entire content of a blog until they share a link in it.
2) Inspiring content – Superior content can act as the backbone of a brand and establish its expertise online and as an authority. It would also help to drive interest in the brand. Some examples are articles that are written with the purpose to help beginners like, ‘Is dirt biking safe? Here’s everything you need to know.’ Readers can be given a point of reference like a menu link to training guides or a ‘Start Here’ page.
3) Choose headlines wisely – A headline should make people want to read the rest of the blog. There should be a balance between trying to be too clever or too cryptic. It is important to be clear and direct about what the blog will offer to someone who might come across it. When choosing the title it is also important to consider the target audience. The target audience of Pretty52 is female. Pinch of Yum is a food blog and hence the innovative title.
4) Give it a relevant format – It is important to give a framework to blog ideas. They can be ‘versus posts’ which can help consumers to choose or decide between one product and another. For instance, a business that specializes in beds and mattresses can put together a blog post explaining the benefits of spring mattresses over memory foam. Problem-solving posts focus on the solution to problems. By using this framework, a business can come up with new ideas to increase web traffic. A pet store owner can blog about the best way to teach a dog to sit or fetch. Offering opinions and asking readers to share their own are also great ways to drive engagement.
5) URLs for SEO – Descriptive URLs for every blog post help increase SEO. For most blogs, the URL s are normally made from the words used in the blog post’s title. If it is descriptive, rather than functional, it becomes optimized for SEO. For instance www.mysite.com/tenwaystopreventinfectionathome.