Purpose for the RFP is to conduct a short course on film making.
On the ground in about 170 countries and territories, UNDP works to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. We help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships, and institutions so they can sustain their progress.
Scope of Work:
Under the guidance of IGP team, the successful firm will be
training and mentoring 5 groups of trainees to produce 5 short films on
selected issues around migration and lived experiences of migrant communities
in the Maldives. The short films are to be made as part of a film series, where
each film, or “episode”, demonstrates continuity of a recurring and
overarching theme: building cohesion, understanding and respect between
Maldivian and migrant communities. Tasks will include;
• Using minimal equipment, deliver a 2-week theory and practical based training
to 30 interested young people with minimal or no prior experience in the
• Assisting the trainee group, liaise with translator during filming with migrant workers, and recruit industry mentors as needed (pre- and post-production) to produce 5 short films using minimal
1 Department of National Planning. 2012. “Statistical
Yearbook of Maldives – 2012.” Male: Department of National Planning,
Government of the Maldives
Equipment and smartphone/ device (tablet, iPad) of 8-10 minutes each, based on themes provided by UNDP.
• Developing a communication and dissemination plan for short films.
• Launching & showcasing of short films.
• Developing a final report highlighting the process, lessons learned and
options for scalability.
E. Institutional arrangement:
The candidate will work under the guidance of the IGP team.
Weekly meetings will be held to discuss the progress of the program.
The duration of the contract will be 8 weeks (October to
G. Duty Station: Maldives
H. Required Qualifications
• Team leader must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, film production, direction or related filed or diploma in communication, film production or direction.
• Team must have two translators who are able to assist the participants communicate with Bangladeshi migrant workers, and provide support in creating subtitles for the films.
• Firm must have a minimum of 3-5 years of local experience in production of films and social documentaries.
• Proven experience in training or mentoring people on film production
• Experience in the development sector, and demonstrated knowledge in migration issues, will be an added advantage
*Candidates are required to submit samples of, or provide
electronic links to previous work along with the application.
• Adaptability and ability to receive/integrate feedback
• Fluency in English and Dhivehi (written and spoken)