The University of Connecticut (“UConn”) is seeking proposals from qualified and experienced media buying agencies to provide media buying services to the University of Connecticut. The responsibilities of the awarded party include the development of strategic media placement campaigns, the leveraging of buying power with media outlets, and purchasing media space in a variety of mediums, including print, radio, TV, and digital (web, search engines, social media, email, and mobile). The media buyer would work with various constituencies within the University to help identify and solidify the purpose of the ad campaign and to develop a strategic placement plan which meets the intended purpose while working within the pre-established advertising budget.
The University is a Land, Sea, and Space Grant consortium institution which occupies over 4,300 acres, enrolls over 32,000 students and produces over 8,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees annually. The main campus is located in Storrs, Connecticut and regional campuses are located in the following Connecticut towns: Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury. Its academic health center, UConn Health, is located in Farmington, Connecticut.
Scope of Work:
Academic recruitment media is placed both regionally and nationally, in addition to a small amount of international placement.
- UConn Health: The priorities are in the local market, including MA, CT, and NYC.
- Storrs: For academic recruitment. The target geographical areas include NYC, NJ, and the DC metro areas. Currently, there is a strong MA presence as well. Internationally, there is a focus on India, China, and the Pacific Rim.
MARKETING OBJECTIVES (Varies by constituency):
- The desire to extend brand messaging and increase patient volumes;
- Promote brand awareness and increase traffic to informational sessions/events and inquiries into various program(s);
- Increase interest from prospective students, application yield, campus visit, and traffic to the Admissions site;
- Promote interest from prospective faculty
- Promote research opportunities with industry partners.
3 Discovery Drive, Unit 6076
Storrs, CT 06269-6076