The Elko Convention & Visitors Authority is seeking to retain the services of a firm(s)or/firms to provide web/digital development of Exploreelko.com.
SCOPE OF WORK
The successful bidder shall fulfill the following:
• Developing and enhancing the Elko Convention & Visitors Authority’s website and digital presence is critical to successfully marketing Elko as a travel and convention destination.
• Development of the website must include SEO optimization and keyword optimization to ensure digital marketing efforts match website content.
• The contracted vendor will assist the ECVA in establishing GDPR and ADA compliance as well as privacy and cookie policies.
• The contracted vendor will assist ECVA marketing staff to ensure the site is fully functional and easily navigable.
• The contracted vendor will be responsible for providing guidance, direction, and design, in cooperation with the ECVA’s marketing team.
• The contracted vendor will be responsible for the development and maintenance of website properties, and mobile applications, if necessary, in support of the organization’s mission.
• The contracted vendor must have demonstrated expertise in current web technology and development, cross-platform mobile application design, and the ability to work within open-source development platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.), and custom-developed content management system.
• The contracted vendor must have experience in the development of integrated travel-related marketing campaigns for state or government agencies and must provide proven third- (3rd) party research results of its effectiveness including case studies that demonstrate the contracted vendor’s expertise in brand campaign development in the tourism industry.
• Contracted vendor must be familiar with the use of third (3rd) party tags/pixels with respect to digital placed media.
Vendor must have a dedicated UX developer on staff, which will guide the online user-experience and keep apprised of industry trends.
Activities and Deliverables:
As part of the overarching web/digital development and e-marketing/CRM strategy, the contracted vendor will provide the following activities and deliverables.
• Review of current website and recommendations for improvement (incorporating web usability and other applicable research conducted by an outside firm). Recommendations must be accomplishable within the specified budget and outlined in the annual marketing plan.
• Provide ongoing updates regarding the best practices of other tourism marketing organizations, consumer brands, convention centers and award-winning development programs for the web and mobile applications.
• Develop strategic recommendations on best-of-breed architecture for each website.
• Coordinate with advertising, media buying and external communications teams to ensure successful integration with Exploreelko.com.
• Work with staff to develop content management tools on Exploreelko.com which effectively disseminate engaging content to consumers.
• Develop and enhance back-end administrative tools for Exploreelko.com allowing the ECVA staff to update the site as needed.
• Create and develop tactical digital components supporting an integrated strategy.
• Provide a monthly web analytics report (components to be determined at a later date).
• Work as part of the overall strategic planning team to ensure all interactive solutions are mapped and cohesive with all marketing efforts.
• Assist with developing and creating executable strategies for search engine marketing programming.
RFP SUBMISSION DUE: June 19
Elko Convention & Visitors Authority
c/o Tom Lester, Convention & Tourism Manager
700 Moren Way
Elko, NV 89801
Top Public Relations News:
MWWPR, Rubenstein PR & Ruder Finn PR News Updates
Ketchum and IBM Noted at Silver Anvil Awards Ceremony
Marketing Considered One of the Least Valued Professions
Video PR: Slightly Video Platform Receives $5.6 Million Investment
New Jersey Transportation Seeking Media Agency
Pawnees Sue Oklahoma Over Earthquakes
Try These Hacks to Grow Email Marketing Lists
NASA Social Calls for Registrations
Why Digital PR is Now a Primary Concern
Has Amazon met its match?