The Westwood Village Improvement Association (WVIA) is a non-profit organization whose mission it is to make Westwood Village a clean, safe, and friendly place for the community through maintenance, security, and enlivening programs. The WVIA leads the District by adopting positions on district-wide short- and long-term opportunities, and considering matters such as city planning and zoning, parking, events, and other services that promote increased tenant recruitment and retention, business, values, and investment. The WVIA is governed by a 13- member Board of Directors comprised of property owners, merchants and a UCLA representative. The WVIA receives $1.5 million annually from assessments on 120 properties within the District.
Scope of Work:
Objective The WVIA is seeking brand marketing consulting services to develop a distinctive brand identity and marketing strategy that will define the Westwood Village Business Improvement District (BID) to prospective businesses, residents and visitors. The brand identity will come forth through a process that identifies the Westwood Village’s existing mix of retail, restaurants, services, cultural and academic intuitions, and leverages a singular, compelling message to target audiences. The goal of the branding and marketing program is to develop an integrated marketing communications plan that includes overarching brand awareness efforts as well as guidance for targeted campaigns for select groups, i.e., prospective economic growth targets, visitors, residents, etc. The Westwood Village Improvement Association has a one-person marketing team who is responsible for all communications, marketing and social media, and a minimal budget. The consultant and/or firm should bring into consideration the limited resources of the BID and make recommendations that are executable with the organization’s resources. For example, the recommendations should be prioritized and doable in phases.
• Research existing perceptions and brand awareness of the Westwood Village district among key constituencies
• Propose strategies and maneuvers that will help position Westwood Village as an attractive and vibrant community for businesses and visitors
• Review, refresh, and propose brand messaging and positioning to help “unify” the Westwood Village brand across all stakeholder and constituent groups
• Complete a comprehensive study of the current visual system and catalog of graphic assets and recommend changes, if any
• Determined priorities for marketing and communications uses
Friday, February 14, 2020
Westwood Village Improvement Association 10866 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 360 Los Angeles, CA 90024 (310) 709-1010 www.thewestwoodvillage.com