The Town of Bucksport is seeking the services of a full-service marketing firm to undertake a town-wide comprehensive marketing and branding plan that considers residents & potential residents, current & future businesses, developers, and visitors from Maine & beyond.
The Town of Bucksport, which was founded in 1792, is a coastal community in Hancock County with a population of roughly 5,000 citizens. Bucksport is strategically located on US Coastal Route 1 at the apex of Penobscot Bay, Maine’s largest coastal bay, and the Penobscot River, Maine’s largest river. The town is within 20 miles from destination hubs such as Bangor/Brewer, Belfast, Ellsworth, Hampden, the Blue Hill Peninsula, and Castine. It is also less than 40 miles to Acadia National Park and Camden.
Scope of Work:
The selected firm will be responsible for the development of a comprehensive and cost-effective marketing plan that builds upon the town’s history, numerous resources, and recent redevelopment efforts.
The plan should include the following components:
· Target markets
· Associated costs to implement the plan
· Effective measurement metrics
Anticipated Selection Schedule:
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
Request for RFP: January 13, 2020
Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: January 27, 2020
Town of Bucksport Responds to Bidder Questions: February 3, 2020
Deadline to Receive Bids: February 10, 2020
Start of Interviews: February 18, 2020
Contract Award/Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: February 27, 2020
The Town of Bucksport needs the project completed within 4 months.
Elements of Proposal:
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
· Description of the firm that includes a general overview, names and credentials of the creative team and the number of full-time employees.
· A one-page narrative outlining the firm’s strengths, distinguishing skills, and culture as they might relate to the Town of Bucksport and its plans for the future.
· References and contact information for current and past clients.
The successful respondent will:
· Have been operating continuously as a marketing agency for a minimum of 36 months and possess full-service, in-house capabilities for marketing and branding,
· The education, experience, knowledge, skills and qualification of the firm and the individuals who will be able to provide this service,
· The competitive cost of services,
· The expertise and effective results of the firm working with similar customers.
The Town of Bucksport’s budget for the project is $10,000.00
February 10, 2020
50 Main Street PO Drawer X Bucksport, ME 04416
Top Public Relations News:
Branding RFP Issued By City of Dodge City
GMC among top-ranked for current offering and product strategy
Advance Preparation May Save Verizon in Current Employee Strike
Pepsi takes the lead in evolving cola wars
White House Responds to SOPA Petitions
Four Ways Brick & Mortar Establishments Can Market During Covid
Webinar: How to Avoid Legal Pitfalls with Your PR Initiatives
Rio Tinto Deal Reveals Some Interesting Faces In Finance
Pitch Review: How to Revise and Revamp your PR Pitch
Three bad leadership traits that are detrimental to business