The Town of Bucksport is seeking the services of a full-service marketing firm to undertake a town-wide comprehensive marketing and branding plan that considers residents & potential residents, current & future businesses, developers, and visitors from Maine & beyond.
The Town of Bucksport, which was founded in 1792, is a coastal community in Hancock County with a population of roughly 5,000 citizens. Bucksport is strategically located on US Coastal Route 1 at the apex of Penobscot Bay, Maine’s largest coastal bay, and the Penobscot River, Maine’s largest river. The town is within 20 miles from destination hubs such as Bangor/Brewer, Belfast, Ellsworth, Hampden, the Blue Hill Peninsula, and Castine. It is also less than 40 miles to Acadia National Park and Camden.
Scope of Work:
The selected firm will be responsible for the development of a comprehensive and cost-effective marketing plan that builds upon the town’s history, numerous resources, and recent redevelopment efforts.
The plan should include the following components:
· Target markets
· Associated costs to implement the plan
· Effective measurement metrics
Anticipated Selection Schedule:
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
Request for RFP: January 13, 2020
Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: January 27, 2020
Town of Bucksport Responds to Bidder Questions: February 3, 2020
Deadline to Receive Bids: February 10, 2020
Start of Interviews: February 18, 2020
Contract Award/Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: February 27, 2020
The Town of Bucksport needs the project completed within 4 months.
Elements of Proposal:
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
· Description of the firm that includes a general overview, names and credentials of the creative team and the number of full-time employees.
· A one-page narrative outlining the firm’s strengths, distinguishing skills, and culture as they might relate to the Town of Bucksport and its plans for the future.
· References and contact information for current and past clients.
The successful respondent will:
· Have been operating continuously as a marketing agency for a minimum of 36 months and possess full-service, in-house capabilities for marketing and branding,
· The education, experience, knowledge, skills and qualification of the firm and the individuals who will be able to provide this service,
· The competitive cost of services,
· The expertise and effective results of the firm working with similar customers.
The Town of Bucksport’s budget for the project is $10,000.00
February 10, 2020
50 Main Street PO Drawer X Bucksport, ME 04416
Top Public Relations News:
Pain, Needs, Wants, and Marketing
Women’s World Banking Issues Event Management RFP
AdRoll: A Company Rolling Along – “FAST”
Invaluable Content Marketing Tips
Marketing RFP Issued By The University of Arizona
Steve Cody & Ed Moed: Peppercomm Public Relations Partners
Glimcher Realty The Outlet Collection (Jersey Gardens) Needs a PR Firm
Must Read PR Book of 2021
News From Bell Pottinger, Weber Shandwick, Krupp Kommunications, Trevelino/Keller, and Israeli Defense Forces
National Police Association Supporting The Police