City of Charlotte Issues Creative Services RFP
In compliance with the EPA’s Clean Water Act and FEMA’s Community Rating System, Charlotte‐ Mecklenburg Storm Water Services (CMSWS) works to raise awareness of stormwater, flood safety, and the effects of individual behavior on surface water quality throughout the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. CMSWS conducts the water quality, flood safety, and volunteer educational campaigns specifically to:
(1) Increase public awareness of surface water quality issues, flood risks and flood safety;
(2) Increase public action/volunteer efforts that reduce surface water pollution;
(3) Increase reporting of surface water pollution problems;
(4) Satisfy a Federal requirement to increase public awareness and involvement in activities aimed to reduce stormwater pollution; and
(5) Satisfy a Federal requirement to increase public awareness and involvement aimed to protect lives and property from flooding.
In addition to current campaigns, CMSWS is considering a new educational campaign to increase public awareness of aging storm drainage infrastructure and the importance of repairing and replacing infrastructure to support a thriving city. CMSWS is also interested in enhancing communications to effectively describe the impacts of our work and to contribute to the campaign goals described above.
CMSWS is seeking a firm(s) to provide creative services for its ongoing educational campaigns.
Charlotte‐Mecklenburg Storm Water Services (CMSWS) conducts 3 campaigns to educate and inform the public about issues related to surface water quality, flood safety, and volunteer opportunities. The Water Quality campaign educates the public about stormwater and watershed awareness as well as pollution prevention. The Flood Safety campaign educates the public about floodplains, flood risks, flood insurance, and storm preparation. The Volunteer campaign educates the public about volunteer opportunities to improve conditions that affect water quality and flooding. In addition to current campaigns, CMSWS is considering a new educational campaign to increase public awareness of aging storm drainage infrastructure and the importance of repairing and replacing infrastructure to support a thriving city.
Each year, CMSWS prepares a strategic plan that summarizes the activities and strategies for the upcoming fiscal year. The selected firm(s) will assist in the development and implementation of this plan. The anticipated combined budget for creative services is approximately $50,000 for a project timeframe of 12 months approximately $150,000 over a 3‐year term.
The firm selected under this RFP will provide creative services to support these campaigns. The firm will be required to collaborate monthly with City and County staff and other Storm Water Services’ vendors to ensure continuity within the campaigns and activities being implemented.
Scope of Work:
- Presentations to Client
- Coordination Meetings with Client
- Monthly Reports to Client
Creative Strategy and Planning Services:
- Research and Strategic Plan Development
- Creative Direction
- Social Media Strategy
- Editorial Calendar Management
- Brand Messaging Support
Video Production & Editing Services:
- Concept Development (including audience analysis, established outcomes, and concept treatments)
- Pre‐Production (including script writing, storyboarding, animation design, and securing talent)
- Video Production
- Post‐Production (including graphic design, video retouching, motion graphics, voiceover, color correction, sound design, and encoding versions for different display format)
Graphic Design Services (both print and digital formats):
- Traditional Print (including brochures, flyers, factsheets, postcards, utility bill inserts, posters and reports)
- Out‐of‐Home Print (including various signage, billboards, vehicle wraps)
- Exhibition content (including table‐top displays and trade show exhibits)
- Promotional Material
Digital Media Services:
- Online Content Creation (including web and social media)
- Ongoing Social Media Measurement, Reporting and Analysis
- Photographic Imagery
- Illustrated imagery (including infographics and other custom art work)
April 12th, 2018
City of Charlotte
Engineering & Property Management
600 East Fourth Street, Charlotte, NC 28202