Grand Challenges Canada Is Seeking A Media Relations Agency
Grand Challenges Canada is seeking a media relations firm. They seek assistance with its activities to nurture the scalability and sustainability of global health innovations that Grand Challenges Canada supports.
About Grand Challenges Canada
Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global health. We are funded by the Government of Canada and we support innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. Grand Challenges Canada focuses on innovator-defined challenges through its Stars in Global Health program and on targeted challenges in its Saving Lives at Birth, Saving Brains and Global Mental Health programs.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The selected agency will be responsible for assisting with the development and placement of stories in influential general interest and niche media channels. Grand Challenges Canada seeks to generate positive media coverage in Canadian, international and low- and middle-income country markets.
Grand Challenges Canada anticipates that it will draft and distribute between 10-15 press releases annually.
Activities will include:
- Drafting and editing press releases (50%)
- Distributing press releases, pitching media and arranging interviews (20%), including:
- Preparing key spokespersons and other interviewees for interviews
- Managing and moderating interviews
- Monitoring and reporting on media coverage
- Managing follow-up media requests and public inquiries after release distribution
- Developing and maintaining media connections (20%), including:
- Building relationships with new media connections
- Creating a database of media connections for targeted release distribution and pitching
- Advising on overall communications and media strategy (10%).
The selected partner will work closely with the Grand Challenges Canada communications team, primarily through the Press Officer, to deliver upon the identified activities and provide support as needed throughout the resulting contract.
Proposal due by December 21 to:
Grand Challenges Canada
101 College Street, Suite 406
MaRS Centre, South Tower Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7
Among others, Shift Communications is owned by a Canadian holding company.