Lobbying RFP Issued
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas, County Administrator is accepting competitive proposals from qualified individuals, firms, partnerships, and corporations for the purpose of assisting the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas with government relations and lobbying efforts at the federal level.
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas is a consolidated city/ county government serving all of the citizens of the City of Kansas City, Kansas, and Wyandotte County. The City of Kansas City, Kansas is located entirely in Wyandotte County and, along with ten other Kansas and Missouri counties, makes up the Metropolitan Kansas City Region with a population off approximately 1.6 million. The Cities of Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri are separated by the Kansas-Missouri border and are independent of one another in all aspects.
Scope of Work
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas is soliciting Requests for Proposals from firms involved in Government Relations and Lobbying work at the Federal Level. The firm must have a fulltime, staffed office operation in Washington, DC.
The firm will assist the Unified Government in identifying, proposing, submitting and securing federal funds for government and community projects. The firms will work closely with the Mayor and his staff, Board of Commissioners, and the County Administrator or his designee in developing Federal Legislative Agendas, with specific attention on possible earmarked funds which can be obtained through the federal appropriations process.
All proposers must certify that personnel performing services for the Unified Government shall be properly registered with the Federal Government and the State of Kansas and shall further comply with all applicable Federal, State, County and Local laws which govern lobbying activities.
The professional services will include, but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate and continue proven working relationships with Federal lawmakers and Federal agencies which make financial grants to local governments and community organizations and the ability to assist the Unified Government in applying for such grants.
- Facilitate at a minimum annual briefing session with Unified Commissioners and staff in Kansas City, Kansas regarding Federal issues facing local governments and other insights about the Congressional landscape.
- Assisting with identifying eligible federal funding sources for approved Unified Government endorsed projects
- Assisting with submitting and securing federal funding, including earmarks and grants
- Tracking and notifying the Mayor, County Administrator or his designee of Congressional legislative developments which impact the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas and the Kansas City metro area
- Attending relevant committee hearings and markups
- Advocating Unified Government issues with members of Congress and key staff
- Developing strategies to affect federal legislation
- Preparing position papers and presentations regarding current or potential federal legislation or federal policy that will impact the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas and the greater Kansas City metro area
- Providing staff support for Mayor and Unified Government Commissioners at specified meetings of the National League of Cities, National Association of Counties, Us Conference of Mayors and other organizations dealing with federal legislative or regulatory issues
- Provide timely narrative reports /communications regarding Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas legislative priorities to the Mayor, County Administrator or his designee
January 4, 2019
Department of Procurement & Contract Compliance
701 North 7th Street, Suite 649
Kansas City, Kansas 66101-3064
Agencies that could be a fit include APCO Worldwide and Burson Marsteller.