Marketing for architecture firms
With the process of advertising being revolutionized and reinvented, architecture firms are also using new strategies. With the help of online marketing, architecture firms can reach prospective clients. Digital channels provide cost effective solutions for client engagement and can be ideal for communicating what makes a firm stand out. For some time now, architects have relied on word-of-mouth. The online world is becoming increasingly important for developing business. The ways by which architecture firms can stand out from competition and thrive are given below.
1) Content marketing – It is important to create a content marketing plan for websites and social media accounts. This would not only help to engage with clients , but also position firms as go-to experts. Websites and social media profiles should contain high quality information. The content needs to address questions prospective customers have when searching for an architecture firm. To foster better engagement, the content should include FAQ answers, insider insights, and pain points. Content can take the form of blog posts, webinars, podcasts, or YouTube videos .
2) Email marketing – Email marketing is still one of the most cost-effective ways to drive engagement. Emails should contain information relevant to the firm or the industry as a whole. Topics can include rising design trends, architectural innovations, or eco-friendly building materials. A firm’s particular strengths and specialities can also be emphasized. To increase the likelihood of the emails being read, eye-catching openers are needed. This is where subject lines play an important role. ‘How to’ subject lines generally draw a lot of interest.
3) Marketing automation – The path to conversion for architects involves a larger purchase compared to shoes or jackets. Prospective customers are weighing options which means that they need to be engaged meaningfully. This can be achieved through marketing automation. Marketing automation reduces repetitive tasks. It includes tools like chat-bots, CRMs, appointment schedulers, social media post schedulers, and pay-per-click ad campaigns. It is helpful for streamlining processes as it can cut through repetitive tasks, and ensures that a firm follows up with the right people who are interested in its services.
4) Business listings – A business listing for an architectural firm is when its public profile appears on online directories like Bing and Yelp. Listings lead to transparency between firms and customers. If customers cannot find a firm listed online, their opinion of it won’t be well-informed. The availability of information online helps to build a firm’s visibility. Availability on as many sources as possible creates multiple avenues for customers to find a firm.
5) Virtual events – Virtual events can help build relationships with customers or potential customers. For instance, there can be Q&A sessions to explain regulations in a particular area. Virtual events are also a great way to partner with other like-minded professionals and expand the audience.